PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty

Randy_K
03-07-2013, 02:33 PM
In about 2 months i will be picking up my first TT, a Passport Elite 23RB. The dealer just called and recommended i buy the extra warranty. They said it covers everything inside for 6 years at a cost of $1,050.

My concern is how hard is it to make a claim. Also how often do things like the fridge , furnace , microwave , or slide break.

The dealer is sending me information on the warranty to look at.

Are the extended warranty's worth the money ?

Randy(tx)

Festus2
03-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Randy -
Extended warranties have been previously discussed in detail on the forum. Other members have asked this very question and there are numerous threads and posts with responses for you to browse through. Try using our forum search feature --- simply type in extended warranty - in the search box and you should have plenty of posts to read.

Randy_K
03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks Festus2. I searched before my post but did not go back enough pages to find some answers. Found what i was looking for way back. :banghead:

Excited and nervous about the new trailer.

Randy

fla-gypsy
03-07-2013, 06:14 PM
RandyK IMO these insurance policies (what they really are) are rarely a good deal. That said it would depend entirely on the terms and conditions of the actual policy. I view them as a profit center for others, not me.

cabinfever
03-08-2013, 07:23 AM
RandyK IMO these insurance policies (what they really are) are rarely a good deal. That said it would depend entirely on the terms and conditions of the actual policy. I view them as a profit center for others, not me.

I agree with that statement. I have never bought an extended warranty on anything in my life. I have had to pay for a few unexpected repairs over time, but when you add the money saved not buying the extended warranty I am ahead in the cash column! The most important insurance policy is the collision/comprehensive coverage for your TT.

SteveC7010
03-08-2013, 07:45 AM
A thousand bucks buys a quite a bit of repair work at the dealers in many instances.

A thousand bucks buys a lot more repairs and a lot of new stuff if I do most of the work myself.