PDA

View Full Version : Water Heater Stopped Heating

LeeMedic
03-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Our electric water heater has stopped heating water. It works find on LP gas.

I checked the circuit breaker and it is fine, the Sprinter RV is 1 1/2 years old.

Any idea what I could check now?

hankpage
03-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Have you tried the reset button??? It is located in the outside compartment. You will see two round circles in black rubber disk. Press on both of them to reset. (only one has a button underneath but I don't remember which one .. you will feel it) Hope this works, if not it may be the element or a wiring problem, Hank

LeeMedic
03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Have you tried the reset button??? It is located in the outside compartment. You will see two round circles in black rubber disk. Press on both of them to reset. (only one has a button underneath but I don't remember which one .. you will feel it) Hope this works, if not it may be the element or a wiring problem, Hank

Yep Hank, I pushed those also.

SAABDOCTOR
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
HI If you have a ac volt meter check for power at the heating eliment should show 120volts ac. if you have voltage turn off the power at the breaker and replace the eliment in the hot water heater. if you do not have power at the eliment then check your breaker then the switch with the meter good luck :banghead:

Fuzion 322
04-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I had the same problem. i got out the volt meter and started tracing wires and found that the wires inside the junction box that is mounted on the hot water tank some how shorted out. once that was fixed i had hot water again using electric.

chartrand
04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
It may have been on before the tank was full of water and burned out your element. I suggest maybe trying a new element, they are pretty cheap I think...

-Pat

Outbackmel
04-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Behind those pushy things you have tried to push with no affect, there in is a circuit board. I had the same problem and once I had the board replaced, no problem. Was not expensive, but the $65 service call was 2/3 of the total price of repair. But, you gotta do what you gotta do!! An RV elec tech can tell in a minute. Or if you are good, I am sure someone here can explain how to replace it. :confused: