PDA

View Full Version : Regulators

crash
03-04-2013, 03:43 AM
How many of you dont use water regularts when you hook up at campgrounds?

JRTJH
03-04-2013, 04:36 AM
In 1972, back when Jayco was using 3/8" copper tubing with flared nut fittings I blew a piece of the flex hose going to the water pump. Fortunately the trailer was only 3 weeks old and Jayco repaired the extensive damage to the trailer floor and cupboards.

That was the last time I ever connected an RV to city water without a regulator. I carry two, one for the black tank flush and one for the fresh water supply. I find it just as easy to fill the FW tank with the regulator attached, so it's always on the faucet end of the hose. When I break camp, it stays on the hose and is coiled up still attached.

Terry W.
03-04-2013, 04:39 AM
I check pressure with a gage plus I use a household regulator which gives you 45 psi and 3/4" volume causeing better flow in camper. I posted a pic before but foget how to do it, getting old.

SteveC7010
03-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Same as the others, I never hook up to city water without the regulator. Too many campgrounds have unreliable water systems.

I place the regulator on the faucet end of the hose, not the trailer end. That way the hose is protected as well as the trailer's plumbing.

crash
03-04-2013, 06:37 AM
I never thought about putting it on the faucet end,make since to put it there,I put mine on camper and always worry about the weight of it hanging there and causing damage to the hook up.Thanks for that one:D

Ron
03-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Same as the others, I never hook up to city water without the regulator. Too many campgrounds have unreliable water systems.

I place the regulator on the faucet end of the hose, not the trailer end. That way the hose is protected as well as the trailer's plumbing.

X2 here, also use a filter most of the time......

KenBob
03-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Never have hooked up to water w/o a regulator. Top of the list for the next time we use full hookups is a Surge protector.

Jim W
03-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I use a water regulator with a gage attached to the regulator. I install a splitter first than the water regulator and an inline filter. I also use a 90 deg elbow at the camper so the hose is going straight up into the connection.

The reason for the splitter is to allow me to fill buckets of water from the outside faucet as needed or to hook up the black water hose when empting the black tank to use to spray the inside of the tank.

When leaving the camper for the day I also shut off the outside water faucet.

Jim W.

cathcartww
03-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I use a water regulator with a gage attached to the regulator. I install a splitter first than the water regulator and an inline filter. I also use a 90 deg elbow at the camper so the hose is going straight up into the connection.

The reason for the splitter is to allow me to fill buckets of water from the outside faucet as needed or to hook up the black water hose when empting the black tank to use to spray the inside of the tank.

When leaving the camper for the day I also shut off the outside water faucet.

Jim W.

Exactly what we do. I think I will look into getting a better quality reducer as the cheapy we have does limit flow as well as pressure.

Butch Fuzion
03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I would think that you would want all the pressure you could get in the black water sprayer

davidjsimons
03-08-2013, 03:59 AM
I just replaced my cheap regulator with an adjustable brass unit with a gauge. I found it at Grainger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JRTJH
03-08-2013, 08:03 AM
I would think that you would want all the pressure you could get in the black water sprayer

Not really, you have an anti-siphon fixture inside the wall of your RV, and you have either a spinning terminal end inside the tank or a plug with several holes drilled in it. If you overpressurize the anti-siphon valve, you'll likely get a wet wall inside your trailer and if you blow the end off the tank fixture, you'll just get a dribble into the black tank with very little if any force to knock the crud off the sidewalls.

I'd be careful overpressurizing the black tank flush !!!!

Bob Landry
03-08-2013, 08:32 AM
I always connect a "Y" tot he faucet and the regulator goes on one side and a hose with spray nozzle on the other to wash down the fish cleaning table and then to connect to the black tank flush.

chuck&gail
03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
We have personally stayed at two seperate CG's where the water pressure zoomed late at night. In both cases there were folks who hadn't used regulators who had water coming out from behind walls. Quite a commotion.

IMO ALWAYS use a regulator.

cabinfever
03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Will be bringing our TT home Monday. Brass regulator with gauge is waiting! From all the great reading here, learned that was a must. Along with a surge/undervolt protector. All the info from the seasoned veterans on this site is priceless!(tx)

michol02
03-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Also have a 3/4" adjustable regulator. Got it at Lowes for around $45. It's permanently mounted under trailer.