PDA

View Full Version : Insect / Dauber screens for Atwood appliances

Mag1234
03-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2013 Passport 2910BH that has mostly Atwood appliances. I live in Texas and need bug screens over the vents. I'm having alot of trouble finding screens. So far the only one I can find is for the water heater (http://mud-dauber.com/screen_w100.htm). My book suggests the furnace is an Atwood hydroflame 8500 but the screen for this doesn't fit - I don't have an access panel - the approx 4 inch vent is cut right into the fiberglass. Also I would like screens for the fridge vent. The ones available are for norcold or dometic but not Atwood so I don't know what will fit. Has anyone with newer Atwood appliances purchased flying insect screens? If so would love to now which ones fit! Thanks

MAG

Wayne
03-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I purchased 3 ft of metal (non rust type) screening at ACE & made my own. It was easy to form & I used clear silicone around the edges to hold it in place. I used it on WH, frig & everything. I also have enough screen to do at least one more RV. It only took a few minutes & looks the same as the expensive ones at the dealer.

SlowPoke
03-03-2013, 07:46 AM
I plan on making my own with the material Wayne mentioned as well, I feel buying something "Made" for a purpose commercially tends to be overpriced. Just my opinion though.

trucker LOU
03-03-2013, 09:39 PM
I purchased hi-priced ones for furnace rite off,later made my own with Hardware cloth from Hm Dpt. see if I can post pics.

DennisT
05-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Thank you for the photos, they are a big help.

Dennis