PDA

View Full Version : Low point drain valves

KenBob
03-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Decided to change the low point drains with valves. Got the idea from another thread along with a link to the valves. A simple mod. The hardest part was filling the fresh tank and running the pump to pressurize the plumbing to check for leaks. The valves are QEST QV442R.

hankpage
03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I did the same thing but used "Shark bite" 1/4 turn straight stops that just slip onto the 1/2" Pex tubing. Next I plan on putting in elbows and extending tubing closer to outside walls so this old fart does not have to crawl under to reach them. I should have done it right the first time. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1115

billmill3461
03-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Decided to change the low point drains with valves. Got the idea from another thread along with a link to the valves. A simple mod. The hardest part was filling the fresh tank and running the pump to pressurize the plumbing to check for leaks. The valves are QEST QV442R.

I did the same thing on my last trailer except the valves had regular garden hose type threads. I used a "Y" hose so you could mix the hot and cold. Worked much better then the little outside shower.