PDA

View Full Version : King Size Mattress

pattigbc
03-02-2013, 11:30 AM
We have a 2013 Montana 3455SA and are finding the king size mattress really cumbersome. There's not very much room to make the bed and we are thinking of downsizing to a queen. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

rclark
03-02-2013, 01:29 PM
We exchanged our king for our Tempur-Pedic queen that we had in the 2004 Everest when we traded for the 2013 3555rl Alpine. The dealership measured and cut a few inches ( I think it was 3 inches from each side of the board that the mattress sits on) and moved the queen from the old rv. We like it lot better, because it gives a little more room to move around and is much easier to make the bed, especially changing sheets. The only problem was they left the edge of the board a little rough, but I will fix that when we land at home in the spring.

JRTJH
03-02-2013, 03:04 PM
RClark,

Home Depot and Lowes have a plastic U shaped channel that slips over the edge of the board and covers those rough edges. Last time I bought some, I'm thinking it was about $2 for an 8' strip. For $4 or so, you could cover the edges and not have to deal with it later :)

The plastic channel cuts with heavy duty scissors and just slips on.

rclark
03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks that's a good idea.

turbopilot51
03-08-2013, 12:49 PM
We have a 2013 Montana 3455SA and are finding the king size mattress really cumbersome. There's not very much room to make the bed and we are thinking of downsizing to a queen. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

We removed the king size mattress in our Alpine and replaced it with a queen Sleep Number bed. I cut the platform down to fit the queen size and drilled holes for the dual air lines. Now we have more room in the bedroom to move around. :thumbsup: