PDA

View Full Version : Recessed lights over sofa sprinter 266 rbs

irene l
03-01-2013, 05:00 AM
We bought our Sprinter in June and are really enjoying traveling in it. We need to replace the bulb in one of the overhead lights over the sofa. These are recessed lights with a flat surface. Can't figure out how to get to the bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks.

SAABDOCTOR
03-01-2013, 06:15 AM
Hi In the best of cases they are 1/4 turn counter clockwise but most have said it takes a strong arm to get them to move! :eek:

chain_dogg
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi In the best of cases they are 1/4 turn counter clockwise but most have said it takes a strong arm to get them to move! :eek:

Yes sir.........It's prabbaly a G4 bulb, Known a Puck light

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4584650884253846&pid=15.1

enyapp
03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
I have a bullet premier with the recessed puck lights. I too was wondering how to access the bulb. I saw a similar light fixture for sale at camping world so I took it out of the packaging to see how it works, 1/4 turn to remove from base. The next time I was in my trailer I tried turning mine but they just kept turning. Long story short, mine just pull/pry straight off. So if yours are factory installed, instead of aftermarket, they probably do too.

irene l
04-11-2013, 12:50 PM
It seems that this type of light fixture does not have a bulb to be replaced, but that you have to replace the entire unit. The Keystone people and the dealer both said that these are not under warranty. We will be replacing them with a type of light that does have a bulb that can be replaced independently of the entire unit. Hope this works out this time. All three lights are not working at this point.

irene l
04-19-2013, 02:06 AM
We had our lights replaced yesterday. We were unable to "turn" the cover off at all and it turns out that the ones in our Sprinter do not turn. If you pulled the light fixture out of the ceiling you could see that there were clips which when pulled out released the cover. It seems it would be very hard to adequately secure the glass again after these clips were pulled out. We have put in 10 watt halogen lights with screw off glass covers that allow easy access to the bulb. A rep from Keystone called yesterday about a leak we are having and said that Keystone would not recommend the replacement solution under warranty, so I guess this will be on us but it is nice to have light again at not too high a cost.