PDA

View Full Version : Pulled The Trigger

Bob Landry
02-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Traded in my Tundra and pick up my new F250 tomorrow, XLT Crew Cab, short bed with the standard XLT package, and 3:73 gear. I don't need sparkles and glitter, I need payload, and as much as I love my Tundra, that's where it really fell short. it's only going to cost me $6 more a month to drive the Ford, and I'm pretty excited about it. The thing I'll probably really miss is the rear view camera, so if anyone has an aftermarket camera on their Super Duty, I'd like to hear about it.

Festus2
02-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Way to go, Bob :thumbsup:: Is that a huge smile I see on your face??? And all the way from Austin, TX!!

Little Guy
02-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Nice! Boys 'n toys. Congrats

davidjsimons
02-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Congratulations on the new ride. There's nothing like having the right tool for the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rnkburg
02-27-2013, 04:32 PM
My buddy has a 2011 350 and his rear camera is in the rear view mirror , it works great

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

JRTJH
02-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Bob.

Congratulations on the new truck, I take it you got a gas engine? I know that's what you were talking about, but didn't know if you found a deal too good to pass on a diesel????

fla-gypsy
02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
You will love the payload and the stability!

Cougarfamily
02-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Congrats on the new truck. Excellent choice! :)

Bob Landry
02-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Way to go, Bob :thumbsup:: Is that a huge smile I see on your face??? And all the way from Austin, TX!!

Wow, you mean you can see it all the way up to BC?

I've spent the last two days cleaning out my Tundra. I would have never believed that one person could get so much junk in one truck. The hard bed cover was the culprit. It makes it too convenient to throw stuff in the bed to deal with it later. If anything gets done to this one, it may be a small toolbox that sits below rail level. I'm even thing about one of those tubs that fits under the back seats. I'm hoping that the MPG is a little better with the 3:73 rear end as opposed to the Tundra. But, what the heck, I don't buy a truck for fuel economy, I buy it to pull.

Bob Landry
02-27-2013, 05:46 PM
My buddy has a 2011 350 and his rear camera is in the rear view mirror , it works great

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That's an option on new trucks, but for some reason, Ford doesn't have an add-on kit for it. Go figure. After getting some road time under my belt, I'm not sure I really need it. I'll run with it like it is for a while, then visit it again and see if my mind has changed. I had a Rostra on my Tundra, and it was just so so. I may look around and se what's out there. They do make a camera that mounts in the tailgate handle, but I'm not sure what the options are for the monitor.I have a couple of projects for it that have priority. I really want step rails for it and during the Texas summers, window tint is pretty nice. It also keeps curious eyes from seeing what you are carrying in the truck. But wait, I'm not going to carry anything in it, right? :rolleyes:

SAD
02-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Traded in my Tundra and pick up my new F250 tomorrow, XLT Crew Cab, short bed with the standard XLT package, and 3:73 gear. I don't need sparkles and glitter, I need payload, and as much as I love my Tundra, that's where it really fell short. it's only going to cost me $6 more a month to drive the Ford, and I'm pretty excited about it. The thing I'll probably really miss is the rear view camera, so if anyone has an aftermarket camera on their Super Duty, I'd like to hear about it.

I think you'll be happy you made the move!!

Bob Landry
03-01-2013, 05:12 AM
I think you'll be happy you made the move!!

I got it home last night and I'm already happy about the move. Long story short, I ended up with the Crew Cab instead of the Super Cab for the same money plus a couple of extras I hadn't planned on. Their search computer came up with a 2012 and I had asked for a 2013, and this was the closest they could get with the packages I wanted. I think I'm going to like this truck.. I pick up my WeatherTech mats and step rails this afternoon. Going tomorrow and set up my WD hitch for this truck and get ready for spring break camping and fishing. Life is good.

Javi
03-01-2013, 05:17 AM
I got it home last night and I'm already happy about the move. Long story short, I ended up with the Crew Cab instead of the Super Cab for the same money plus a couple of extras I hadn't planned on. Their search computer came up with a 2012 and I had asked for a 2013, and this was the closest they could get with the packages I wanted. I think I'm going to like this truck.. I pick up my WeatherTech mats and step rails this afternoon. Going tomorrow and set up my WD hitch for this truck and get ready for spring break camping and fishing. Life is good.
Congratulations on the new truck

Bob Landry
03-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Loving this truck. Got the step rails put on today. It really helps the looks of the white truck, not to mention DW is thrilled that it's easier for her to climb in.

BeerCan
03-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Pics?

Congrats on the new truck :)

TrailBlazer
03-03-2013, 10:01 AM
it may be a bit more then that.......if u count all the repairs. I t is a ford u know.

Bob Landry
03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
it may be a bit more then that.......if u count all the repairs. I t is a ford u know.

After driving a Ford Ranger for 10 years/160K miles, and a Ford van for 12 years/200K miles with no major issues., I'm not going to worry about it too much..;)