PDA

View Full Version : PullRite Superglide

5mary6
02-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Just got my PullRite Superglide 16k installed today. Sad thing is that wife had to pick it up since I am at work. Tomorrow is my walk through on my Cougar 333MKS..It's all prepped and ready to go. I have my PDI list in hand, thank you. Fortunately there is a really nice paved, sidewalks, roadway neighborhood area without any homes near by that I will be taking the 5er to in order to get a little driving time and practice! Yeah baby!!!"bouncey:

Cougarfamily
02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Congrats on the New camper!:) We can't wait for spring to take our baby on her maiden voyage.

I have pulled trailers most of my driving life, but I feel that I'm gonna need some practice backing this one! When we arrived home after driving it down from Denver, had a heck of a time getting it where I wanted it. It was pitch black that night, though, so that probably contributed alot since I could not see the tail end very well.

Travel safe and enjoy the new 5er!

stlucia
02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I love, love my PullRite Superglide.

Did I say love!

RuhtraRon
02-28-2013, 06:39 AM
I've spoke with many new SuperGlide owners, and the best advice I have for you is to not forget lubrication. If it's a new SuperGlide, you just need WD-40, but you need to use it just about everyday on the slide tubes.

Festus2
02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
RuhtraRon -
If you are going to use WD-40 as a lubricant, perhaps it isn't the best choice since it really has very poor lubricating qualities. As its name suggests, it is a "Water Dispersant" and will help protect against moisture and corrosion but is not of much use as a lubricant.

I'm not familiar enough with the SuperGlide to suggest an alternative but if lubrication of the tubes is important, then some other product might be a better option.

5mary6
02-28-2013, 08:29 AM
I've also read that, thanks for reminding me!!!

PerryB
02-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Good for you !! Its nice to have new toys once in a while. What part of Kalifornia are you in?

5mary6
02-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Sacramento..Northern CA..Camp A LOT on the west coast, Bodega Bay area!

PerryB
03-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Then you are probably familiar with Lawsons Landing. I'm in Chico. I have to get out to the ranch right now, but when I get a few minutes I'll tell you a funny story about a trip I went on to Lawsons with a couple buddies.

billstuart
03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
I also love my Super Glide hitch. While I agree that WD isn't much of a lubricant, it is what Pull Rite recommends so I use it and have, so far at least, had good results.

Big m 22
07-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I also love this hitch I use this dry lube graphite called slip plate it looks like gray primer when you spray it... It leaves a nice film and has dust and water repellant in it and the best thing is no mess like grease.... The only down fall of the pull rite is you have to be right on the money to hook up and in hook

dave-g
07-07-2013, 02:00 AM
Congrats on the New camper!:) We can't wait for spring to take our baby on her maiden voyage.

I have pulled trailers most of my driving life, but I feel that I'm gonna need some practice backing this one! When we arrived home after driving it down from Denver, had a heck of a time getting it where I wanted it. It was pitch black that night, though, so that probably contributed alot since I could not see the tail end very well.

Travel safe and enjoy the new 5er!

Backing in at night is the worst. I get stuck doing it a few times per year. After which I ready to install a bunch of bright back up lights in the back and sides of the camper.
The worst is backing into a camp site ( on an angle) in the dark- I have done it once and will never do it again ins the 5er