PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Raptor Fuel Guage ? ?

tophvytoy
02-24-2013, 05:13 PM
I recently purchased a used 3712 model Raptor 5th wheel in a 2007 model year. My question is about the fuel guage for the on board fuel station. There was a cover plate inside on the control panel covering a 2" hole where a guage would go. I took the plate off to find 4 wires. The 2 whites are fused together and go to ground. The white/brown wire has 12 volts. The black wire is ? ? I can see no other reason for these wires for any other reason than a fuel guage. I bought a guage at Napa and all I can get no matter how I hook up wires to guage it registers full (12 volts). Can anybody shed some light on this ? Any help would be very much appriciated ! :)

Htfiremedic
02-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Our Fuzion has a gage there for the gen tank. Our onboard is at the pump Station.
May be a bad sending unit?

tophvytoy
02-25-2013, 02:08 AM
Our Fuzion has a gage there for the gen tank. Our onboard is at the pump Station.
May be a bad sending unit?

Read the post ! :banghead:

JRTJH
02-25-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm not familiar with that RV, but you may have an "extra" wire that won't work with the gauge you bought. It may be that you've got the 12VDC, Sending unit wire and an extra wire for a gauge light. ???? As to why it won't work, you may have a bad sending unit, a wiring short/ground or, more likely, corrosion on the rheostat on the sending unit. With a 7 year old RV, if the previous owner didn't use the generator much, they may not have kept it full allowing corrosion to set in.

Another thought: Since RV's have a "limited battery supply" the "extra wire" may be to wire in a "push to test" switch so the gauge only reads when the switch is pressed...

This is just a SWAG, but hope it helps.....