PDA

View Full Version : electric bunks won't move -- help please

LouSlugger
02-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Getting spring fever so was fooling around today and tried lowering the electric twin bunks from there stowed position and nothing happened when I pressed control. Checked all fuses and breaker switches and all ok. Everything else in unit seems to be working fine. Any troubleshooting suggestions? Thank you.

Drew Waller
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Check your pins in the up-locking position. There is supposed to be 4 of them. I just got my new camper briefing and when they told me about those I knew I would forget them!

LouSlugger
02-26-2013, 05:22 PM
I will swallow my pride here and confess that I have no idea what you are referring to.

tileman
02-26-2013, 05:51 PM
I will swallow my pride here and confess that I have no idea what you are referring to.

They look like this http://maxcdn.nexternal.com/lci/images/182714-thumb2.jpg

And maybe at the top of the bunks.

http://www.happijac.com/images/lift-banner-series.png 4th pick from the left.

Ron.

LouSlugger
02-26-2013, 06:19 PM
unless someone snuck on board and installed those, I don't have them. Good idea though. thank you

KenBob
02-26-2013, 07:00 PM
If you have some understanding of electricity and switches, you should be fine. If not, find someone who is.

Always test fuses. Lots of time and money has been wasted on a "good" fuse being bad. Don't trust the little "bad" fuse lights. Some fuses in RVs (like our Fuzion) are not in the fuse box. Some are hidden behind panels.

If it were me, and everything else works fine on 12 volt system, I would locate the lift motor and check for power and ground at the motor (need to activate the switch). Power can be present on both sides of motor to make it move both ways. If that is hard to get to, I would access the switch and check for power there and through both sides of the switch. If there is no power to switch, then look back towards fuse/breakers. Someone else may have a different way to diag. JM2C

tileman
02-26-2013, 07:15 PM
If you have the happijac beds look here at the bottom of the page for info.
http://www.happijac.com/index.php/products/bed-lifts

hankpage
02-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Is your battery fully charged??????

LouSlugger
02-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Is your battery fully charged??????

Been having battery issues but I am connected to shore power so shouldn't they work even if battery is not fully charged?
Thanks for the good suggestions all. Will take another look this weekend.

LouSlugger
03-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Motor is locked up. Have to replace it. Dang.

KenBob
03-07-2013, 07:45 PM

Please let us know how you diagnosed it and what the motor costs. Are you going to DIY?

JRTJH
03-08-2013, 07:56 AM
New 12VDC motors are relatively expensive. If you have an automotive starter/generator/alternator rebuild shop nearby, they can usually rebuild a 12Volt motor cheaper than you can buy a new one. And, with the new models being almost exclusively produced in China, rebuilding with American produced parts is a "steal" in quality. I've got some rebuilt motors that have outlasted new ones by 3 or 4 times. You may find it cheaper to rebuild and you'll get a better product.

Big Boy w/ Big Toys
03-08-2013, 12:59 PM

You sure it is not the safety stop switches????