PDA

View Full Version : New Keystone Travel Trailer - Terrain

KanTC
02-17-2013, 06:31 PM
New Keystone Travel Trailer - Terrain

Has anyone seen the new TERRAIN on a dealer lot yet? Looks nice from the photos, and I like the
light-colored interior wood. :) http://www.keystonerv.com/terrain

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

JRTJH
02-17-2013, 07:39 PM
It's a nice looking unit. And it's the only "standard level" Keystone product with a molded fiberglass front cap. I wonder where it fits in the pricing structure?

KanTC
02-17-2013, 10:06 PM
In the Light Weight trailers it's shown in the 'Select' category... so, your guess is as good as mine :confused: ;)

JRTJH
02-17-2013, 10:37 PM
That is confusing. Standard in Travel Trailers and Select in Light Weight Trailers... Hmmmmmmmm

With the molded front cap, I'm inclined to think it's more toward the "upper end" those caps "ain't cheap" LOL

TAZ23
02-17-2013, 11:10 PM
I have seen the terrain at a RV show here in Wisconsin, and as a owner of a 2012 Outback I was interested in looking at it. As for the front cap it looks the same as my Outback but with different decals. The Outback has raised panel cupboard doors and refridgerator fronts,as well as both light and dark wood cabinetry. The Terrain has a dinette booth and the Outback has the large U shaped dinette. There are most likely some other differences but you can only see so much at a RV show. As for pricing they appear to be a couple of thousand less than the Outbacks. I Would by either an Outback or a Terrain if I found one with a floor plan that I liked.

KanTC
02-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for sharing that info Taz. Only 5 models available so far, but at some point, one of our present/future members will ask questions & your input will be helpful. ;)

zuley
02-19-2013, 02:49 AM
I just had a quick look see at the web link listed. No posted actual picks yet of the 220RB but the layout photo sure looks to be the same shell as the 23RB Elite. Would not surprise me at all if it was the same version using a dinette rather than a couch and a few other minor changes. Just my thoughts.

dahkota
02-19-2013, 04:02 AM
DH and I just spent months looking at trailers including the Terrain. They have a model that was exactly what we wanted - a rear living floor plan 30" long. We probably spent about an hour total in it, and bought the longer Sprinter instead.

Both the Outback and the Sprinter are much more solid tts. The fit and finish of the terrain was a step down, we felt, with thinner cabinets and floors, less durable fabrics, a little less stuffing in the cushions so to speak.

We did think the terrain was a step up from the bullet and passport models; it 'felt' more solid in its construction, particularly the outside.

The passport elite had a better inside - plusher and a little more durable. But the passport elite seemed to have a less sturdy construction.

We really wanted to buy the Terrain which is why we spent so much time in it. But, in the end, we wanted a tt that we felt comfortable living in for a year or more. We also wanted confidence that it would survive the back roads we drive and a trip to Alaska and back. If we were looking for a trailer for weekend and occasional vacation camping, we definitely would have bought the Terrain.

rcheathtx
05-31-2013, 11:13 AM
We just bought one. We picked it in part because of the space inside. Wife likes the island sink. Exceptional headroom. I'm 6'3 and don't have to deal with the "watch the ceiling" issue. We have not camped in it yet but we pulled it from OK to Galveston TX with my 2013 Dodge 1/2 X 4 with no issues.

DrFaustus
09-09-2013, 06:28 AM
We just purchased a Terrain in June and went with the 321TBH model as we have three kids. The two smaller kids love the bunks and my older child fits well in the queen sleeper futon in the bunkhouse. The amenities are pretty solid on the Terrain in my opinion. It is easy to setup and is very light weight. I tow it with my 2011 Crew Cab Z71 1500 LT with the 5.8 litre and the 3.42 gear. I have zero problems towing this unit with my truck and can make it up to 70 on the Interstate with no problem. Our unit does not have the island but does have the full outside kitchen which is INCREDIBLE! As for cost we bought a 2014 brand new for 26500. The dealer knocked about 12k off the sticker prices with no trade as it was the end of the month and they needed to move units.

akterrain
09-09-2013, 08:40 PM
We live in Anchorage and purchased a 220trb last month. It is a solidly built unit with a great layout. Holds up well to heavy rain and stiff wind. We love the outside kitchen and outside speakers.