PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Bullet 286QBS - Turn Heat on and AC starts blowing as well

02crush
02-13-2013, 08:49 PM
New to the forum. New to RVing. We recently bought a Bullet and love it so far. Going out on our second trip this weekend and I am admist my prep and checks for the trip. Tonight I went out to run some heat and ensure all is in proper working order. When the furnace kicked on heat was coming out and it was running well. Problem is, so is the AC. I have a thermostat that is all push button. I have three settings, Fan, AC or Heat. I have two buttons to push. One is to raise and lower the temp. The other is to cycle through which setting I want to put into use. Hit the 2nd button once and it is Fan mode. Hit it twice and it is in AC mode. Hit is a Third time and it is in Heat mode. Hit is a 4th time and it turns off. I know I am hitting it three times to turn on Heat. The lights on the unit show it is in Heat mode.

That is the best way know to descirbe it without pics. Does anyone know what I can do to correct the issue or temprarily fix the problem until I get back and can get it into service. Assuming it needs it.
Thanks

Festus2
02-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Do you have an AUTO setting on the thermostat or just FAN, AC, and HEAT? If you do, try setting it to AUTO then to HEAT.

B&T
02-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Probably similar to mine -- press the mode button till the fan led comes on -- then use the + button to cycle through the fan settings. I think you need to be in the Auto setting which will read Au in the display instead of either Lo or Hi. Then switch to heat to see if the AC fan still runs.

02crush
02-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys! I will try this. I do not however remember an Auto setting option anywhere but that does not mean I did not miss it. :D

BulletOwner1
05-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Hope you have the issue fixed. But if you don't:

With regards to your thermostat, I had a salesman/manager show me how to reset the system if both AC and furnace fans came on together.

Cycle thermostat to off (no display), press and hold the + button first and without releasing it press the on/off button and hold. After a few seconds the display will indicate --. Release both buttons and then press the on/off button to turn off the system. In the thermostat manual this is called the 'System Initialization' which should have been performed by the installer.

Hope this helps.

Sorry for the time delay, I just signed up for the forum today and was scanning the threads.