PDA

View Full Version : outlet under table and light over table and couch don't work after rice cooker used.

stb808
02-09-2013, 10:26 AM
My first post. New RV'er. 2003 Keystone Sprinter 303bhs.

We had a rice cooker plugged into the outlet under the dining table. It ran for a while then lost power at outlet and the lights above table and couch quit at the same time. I checked breakers, GFCI's, fuses, and pulled the outlet to check wires. Still no power and not sure what else to check. any help would be appreciated.

hankpage
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the forum. If the problem is in a slide out check the electrical junction either in the inside corner of the slide or underneath outside. There may have been a loose connection in the ac wireing that overheated and caused the dc connections to fail also. Good luck and let us know what you find, Hank :wlcm:

The inside junction will look similar to this minus the outlet.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=267&pictureid=1610

stb808
02-09-2013, 04:28 PM
thanks for the reply. Yes it's in the slider, I found the junction but dont have a meter handy for testing. nothing looks bad. guess I will have to dig up a meter to go further.

hankaye
02-10-2013, 04:51 PM
stb808, Howdy;

If you smoke-checked something in the junction box you should be able to 'smell' it. Truly, just stick your nose up close to it and take a whiff.

hankaye