PDA

View Full Version : New Outback

Mountainpiemaker
02-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Well we went to pick up our new premier but there were just too many things wrong, so we bought an outback 272rk instead, can't pick it up til Monday but we are happy about our decision.

TAZ23
02-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Congrats on the new Outback. We bought ours last March and used it for 67 nights. It has been virtually trouble free for us. It may be we got lucky but the trailer has never had to go back to the dealer for any warranty repairs, and seems to be well put together. Best of luck with your new unit and happy camping.

Badboy
02-03-2013, 03:46 AM
We had a Outback it was a 300 BH,not enough storage,we now have a Cougar 31 RKS,tons of storage,nice trailer.Enjoy your new rig and happy camping,can't wait till spring.Going to Chicago RV show in two weeks that way we know camping season is just around the corner"bouncey:

Bob Landry
02-03-2013, 05:38 AM
So far I've had good service from my 277RL. As you look around, you are going to find things that need to be re-done, but that's the nature of travel trailers, and not specifically Keystone. I did have some outside caps on the roof that were done sloppily at the factory, but my local dealer fixed it under warranty. I also had to go in and rebuild the supports for the kitchen drawer slides, but that was an easy afternoon project. I also added an outlet at the end of the kitchen counter, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with the plumbing and electrical installations and didn't find very much that I would have done differently.

From what I have read on here, most issues are going to involve water leaks and delamination. I resealed the pass-through doors on mine because when I pressed on the siding around the doors, I saw the sealant separate from the surface, again, to me a minor thing and an afternoon project. I would recommend a periodic inspection around windows and doors. Keystone recommends doing that anyway.

Happy Camping!

gregrc75
02-03-2013, 05:45 AM
I really like the Outbacks. That floor plan looks very desirable. Good luck and enjoy it.

EcoboostKev
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Congrats on the new Outback!! We picked up our Outback 292bh last march and had a great summer of camping last year and cant wait until this spring!! Best of luck with your new trailer!