PDA

View Full Version : Furnace

diana n bill 2013
02-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Bill and I decided to take our new '13 30FKV out for its maiden run. Having searched for just the right TT for full time RV'ing we chose this one for space, appointments, polar package. Although, we are headed south to warmer climates, we stopped last night in NC and the temp was down to about 10 degrees. I do not think the furnace has stopped running at all, even with the the thermostat set at 65. Is this normal for this unit????? Our last rv a 2007 Surveyor furnace cycled on and off and produced more heat, granted it was smaller (32ft) with no slides. Any thoughts?
Diana

ThePressureIsOn
02-02-2013, 06:02 AM
We supplement with an electric ceramic space heater here in MI. You may need two with temps like that!

TAZ23
02-02-2013, 06:10 AM
Most any travel trailer will have furnaces runnig all night in 10 degree weather,the Arctic Barrier, Polar packages,ETC. are usually refering to a heat duct that runs into the enclosed underbelly of the travel trailer to help keep the pipes and tanks from freezing. You now have a larger travel trailer, and as such you have more cubic feet to heat with the same size furnace (30,000 BTU). The windows are not thermo panes and you will have alot of heat loss through them as glass is not a good insulator, also the cold is comming at you from all four sides as well as the top and bottom. My best advice is to keep heading south and you will be in warmer weather by tonight and for that I envy you because as I type this it is 12 below zero here in northern Wisconsin