PDA

View Full Version : Black tank cleaner not spinning....

rjsurfer
01-27-2013, 12:41 PM
I just noticed that my black tank sprayer doesn't spin anymore, I used to hear it spinning when I connected it to outside water. I hear water going into the tank but that sound of water slapping against the side of the black tank is missing.

I'm not exactly sure how they work but I assume that there is central hub with a nozzles with outlet jets that spin when water is passed through them.

Today I just let it run for an hour and no change, I'm thinking if I could somehow pump some tank cleaner through the jets could clean themselves out. But how would I do that?

any suggestions?

Ron W.

Htfiremedic
01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Try pouring some type of solvent into the tank flush inlet. I might even try wd40 or something as well.
Just my 2

rjsurfer
01-27-2013, 03:08 PM
I'll try that tomorrow maybe even some tank cleaner....

Ron

hankaye
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
rjsurfer, Howdy;

I don't think you would want to use WD-40...
Any seals it comes in contact may have a
problem with it, such as failing.....
Use some Vinegar as it may be some calicum
build-up from hard water at the campgrounds.
.... dump 8 oz. into your hose. OR you could get
a pair of hose replacment ends cut a 2' section
from the hose you use for flushing the tank,
screw the 2' section to the spray inlet and pour
the vineagr into the other end using a funnel.
Be sure to hold the In end above the inlet...

hankaye

geo
01-30-2013, 08:33 AM
RJsurfer -

Not sure here, we should probably get JRTJH's opinion, but you might try pouring a pint of cheap olive oil into the hose to flush through the black tank sprayer as lubricant. There are many benefits!!!!!! :D (Hold on! Here we go!)

Ron

JRTJH
01-30-2013, 04:23 PM
RJsurfer -

Not sure here, we should probably get JRTJH's opinion, but you might try pouring a pint of cheap olive oil into the hose to flush through the black tank sprayer as lubricant. There are many benefits!!!!!! :D (Hold on! Here we go!)

Ron

Hmmmmmm I'm not going to comment on much here, BUT..... I poured 1/4 cup of olive oil in the whirlpool tub this past weekend. No more dry skin, so maybe if that black tank flush outlet has dry skin?????

rjsurfer
01-31-2013, 03:42 AM
OP back, Well I tried a few things that were suggested and a few that weren't and still n/g.

Tried the toilet chemical trick by placing a few oz's into a hose extension and pumping into the sprayer and letting it sit for awhile. Took the vacuum breaker/back flow preventer out from under the sink and it's associated 32' of PEX plumbing and made a direct connection between the outside hose end fitting and sprayer. Purchased a cleaning wand from CW and cleaned the heck out of the tank, all for naught....Can't use the air pressure trick because there is some water flow through the flush head.

Now as with most of my camper fix-it projects I made things worse, now I had a leak in my black tank when using the flush. I had water pouring out from under the Cloroplast under belly after I was done:eek:

I went under the camper and listened to where the water was hitting the belly and made a slit in the Cloroplast and sure enough I found out where my flush enters the black tank (opposite side of camper from flush connection, something I always wanted to know:cool:).

I found the white plastic collar was loose on the right angle PEX fitting that attaches the sprayer to the tank, dodged a bullet there. AND I learned that the the edges created by slicing into the Cloroplast are far sharper than any knife I own. Had to call nurse Nancy and told her to bring some band-aids, and listen to her usual "I told you so" message.

So, for the time being I'm going to live with it. If I ever get the ambition to try and fix it again I'll just make a bigger hole in the under belly cover buy more band-aids and pull the freaking flush out of the tank and clean it out that way.

Yeah right.......

Ron W.