PDA

View Full Version : Can someone talk be down from the ledge?

MISailor
01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
This may be a good time for folks to consider upgrading their TV if they are interested in GM products. In may case, GM is throwing $9000 in rebates and promo credits at me to add onto my $1500 GM credit card rebate. That's $10,500 towards a new Silverado :eek: . I'm standing on the ledge ready to jump. Can someone please talk me down (or push me)?

SAABDOCTOR
01-23-2013, 12:37 PM
oh you know whats gonna happen when you take that plunge:D the dw is gonna have you at the rv dealer and you will be attached to a new camper:eek: you ain't gettin out a this one!!! Take the plunge good luck:cool: go ahead ask me how i know

davidjsimons
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
I've never seen a Brinks truck in a funeral procession.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MISailor
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
the dw is gonna have you at the rv dealer and you will be attached to a new camper:eek:

I hope not. Our TT was new in August and we've only ued it 2x!

Loriv247
01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
This may be a good time for folks to consider upgrading their TV if they are interested in GM products. In may case, GM is throwing $9000 in rebates and promo credits at me to add onto my $1500 GM credit card rebate. That's $10,500 towards a new Silverado :eek: . I'm standing on the ledge ready to jump. Can someone please talk me down (or push me)?

That sounds like a fantastic deal!! I say go for it! I'm not really a Chevy person myself, but they are a nice ride and I think they have the most comfortable seats out of the "Big 3". I just wish they would step it up in the interior, but that's just asthetics. Its performance you are looking for. Maybe this will help ya, its a differential and bed flex test. They use both a GM sierra and Chevy Silverado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6sPEvxpLoU

hankpage
01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm looking into your near future ..... what do I see????
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1151
Good luck, Hank

chris199
01-23-2013, 02:42 PM
$9000 off? You have to ask?!?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

michael
01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Jump on the deal, nice flex test

2011 keystone
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Be sure to post pics when you bring the new TV home:jump:

DJ85
01-23-2013, 04:52 PM
If you are thinking about buying a GM product in the first place! Just jump :confused::). Just joking around.

mhs4771
01-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Really Jump in and go for the 3500 Dually, Duramax/Allison. Then you'll be ready for just about any new RV the DW decides you must have.

JRTJH
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Michigan Ford dealers are also offering $10,500 off sticker. Some are offering to double the "car show discount" which is another $1,000. So, there is up to $12,500 off some F150/250's.... This does look like it's turning out to be a great time to buy a new truck, GM or Ford...... Wonder what Dodge is doing/going to do to compete? Hmmmmmmm

MISailor
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
DW just said "Will this truck be good in the snow"? Use of the word "will" instead of "would" is key. Looks like someone is getting a new TV :D:D

Avofarmer66
01-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Sold the F150 and bought a Ram 2500 HD w/ Cummins 6.7 high torque exhaust brake, tow-haul pkg.

2012 we camped 52 days with a new 2012 30ft TT a nice trailer. The wifes idea of camping was Hoilday Inn, but after 30 days of wonderful nights under the stars and having stream fishing 30 ft. from the TT she was "hooked". We knew the Ford was ok but struggled up the mountains in N. California. So...

November 2012 we sold the Ford bought the Ram 2500 and headed to Ariaona. Comming into Verde Valley out on Phoenix is a 6-7 % grade bown hill and the exhaust brake with cruise control held the TT at 50 mph without touching the break peddle. The DW looked at me a just smiled. No more white kuckels going down the hills.

Well like I said watch out. It took about 10 days and the DW thought a 5er would be "COMFORTABLE", so we, no she, started looking. Guess she thought the 5 Montanas in the Verde Valley CG was clear and safe choice for a 5er.

Well today we are proud owners of a 2012 Dodge 2500 w/ Cummins and a Keystone 2012 3400RL.

And you know the 5er is Confortable. Listen the the DW... Looking to make 2013 a 100 days camping year. "bouncey:

davidjsimons
01-27-2013, 04:32 AM
From a long time Ram owner, let me say congratulations! I hope your new Ram offers you as many years of durable service as mine have in the past. I too currently have a 2012 Ram. Mine is a 3500 with the High Output engine. My other Ram is a 1990 with the 5.9 Cummins. It now has 658,000 miles on it. Happy travels.

Outbackmel
01-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Great truck. Did that same trip last winter in Arizona hills. Also never used brakes coming down 7% grades. Cannot say enough good things about Cummins diesel. Not knocking Ford or Chevy. Love that new Ford Super Duty King Ranch. BUT, RV'ing is only 25% of our retirement along with motorcycling and travel. Soooo, the deal was GREAT on the Dodge and I bought it. :D

Be safe and travel often. :wave:

Herap
01-28-2013, 05:24 PM
MISailor,

It's obvious you don't 'need' a diesel with the Premier, however, you'll probably upgrade sometime in the future. Why buy 'another' truck then? With the deal you can get now, go for the 3500. I love the truck. It has everything and the ride is awesome! Only question you need to decide on is whether or not you get a SRW or a DRW. If you've any doubt, go for the DRW. We have a 4X4 and I've used it pulling out from campsites with wet grass and state parks with gravel pulling our heavy trailer. It was a bonus. It's a little more expense, but was well with it in our experience.

Ray

ps, we received 11.75mpg last year pulling our trailer! Can't go wrong!

Escs36
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM
If only they made a Cummins/Allison package without EGR and DPF! I can care less about the tin on the outside as long as its a 4x, long bed and dual rears. A man can dream, but even 10 grand off brings the price tag down to $50k for the cowboy Cadillac. I agree that Chevy makes the most comfortable seats. Dodge lacks a TRUE crew cab long bed truck, but they offer the Cummins. I am a Ford guy and I would not buy the new Fords. Chevy has my vote with the Duramax/Allison package. I am a huge fan of Japanese engineering and the Duramax is an Isuzu.

Needless to say...shove, kick, push...

MISailor
01-28-2013, 06:36 PM
"bouncey:We will take delivery of our new Sliverado 1500 tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for the advice and nudging (as if I needed any).

The new TV is a short box crew cab and will have the 5.3 V8, tow package, integrated brake controller, rear view camera to aid hitching, and bucket seats for added comfort. This configuration will rule out future use for a 5th wheel but it'll be plenty of truck for the 19FBPR. Can't wait to see what effect the added power, curb weight and wheelbase (relative to the Astro) will do for the towing experience:)

DW and I may be a bit of an oddity on this board...we don't have any desire to ever tow, store, or pay for anything much bigger than what we already have. One day I may want a TT that has a real chair in it, but even then it'll have to be pretty modest in size and weight. She put it well one time when we watched a HUGE class A unit pull in and set up when she said "everyone does it differently". Hearing how everyone "does it" on this board is one thing that I really enjoy about this forum.

Escs36
01-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Congrats! Sounds like a safe combo. I think big but I actually downsized on TV and toy hauler. I must be a wierdo like you! The great thing about smaller units is versatility. My first rig confined me to the open deserts and I hated it. It was open desert or expensive camp grounds. Bigger is not always better unless your trailer dwarfs your TV.

davidjsimons
01-29-2013, 02:31 AM
If only they made a Cummins/Allison package without EGR and DPF! I can care less about the tin on the outside as long as its a 4x, long bed and dual rears. A man can dream, but even 10 grand off brings the price tag down to $50k for the cowboy Cadillac. I agree that Chevy makes the most comfortable seats. Dodge lacks a TRUE crew cab long bed truck, but they offer the Cummins. I am a Ford guy and I would not buy the new Fords. Chevy has my vote with the Duramax/Allison package. I am a huge fan of Japanese engineering and the Duramax is an Isuzu.

Needless to say...shove, kick, push...

Not the case. I own a Ram CC with an eight foot body. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/29/usejezy4.jpg

They also offer the quad cab, which is four doors but the rear doors are a bit smaller. It comes with either a LB or a SB. Then there is the Mega Cab that comes with a SB. And of course the standard cab in both SB and LB. For years, you were correct but that is no longer the case. Somebody finally get their head out of their rear end over there.

SAABDOCTOR
01-29-2013, 08:01 AM
love my doge and cummins:USA::USA: yes i know the body is made in mexico.

crash
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
misailor well said ,thats what makes the world go round,if everyone wanted the same thing then it wouldnt be fun no more:D

Escs36
02-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Davidjsimons,
I am only 5'6" and the back seat of my buddies '06 crew cab dodge is down right uncomfortable. The back seats of the Dodge's do not compare to the Fords and Chevy's...

By the way that is a bad A$$ truck! I love their new front ends!

davidjsimons
02-11-2013, 03:14 AM
Davidjsimons,
I am only 5'6" and the back seat of my buddies '06 crew cab dodge is down right uncomfortable. The back seats of the Dodge's do not compare to the Fords and Chevy's...

By the way that is a bad A$$ truck! I love their new front ends!

Dodge didn't build a Crew cab in '06. That was a Quad Cab. I had one of those as well. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/11/my2a4eze.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/11/ura5uja5.jpg
There is a considerable difference in the cab of those two trucks. But the good thing is, I ride front left, it all feels the same to me. Lol!