PDA

View Full Version : Keurig with your own grounds

DocData757
01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Anyone out there use a Keurig with their own coffee grounds. I know they have a 'My K Cup' for this purpose but I am curious about how much grounds does each cup require?

Thanks!

fla-gypsy
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I use the Melitta substitute cup with the paper filter in my Keurig and fill it to just below the top. I like the design of the Melitta better than the substitute parts that Keurig produced. Link Below;

https://shoponline.melitta.com/product/63228/FILTPAPER

michael
01-22-2013, 11:49 AM
It cant be much if i use the larger setting the coffee is to waterd down for me, i went back to my bunn maker i use 4 scoops for 8 cups, i prefer mine strong so the kcup machine dosent work for me, but the wife loves to make her flavored kcup by the cup. one cup just dosent do it for me lol coffee is the only bad habit i have.

michael
01-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanx FLA-GYPSY the wife is ordering hers today.

hankpage
01-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanx FLA-GYPSY the wife is ordering hers today.

Check your local Wall Mart .. they carry it and save shipping. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1121

fla-gypsy
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes it is available at WM. Michael I found that grinding my coffee finer allowed me to get the strength I needed. I am a medium strength drinker and go 3 scoops in my Bunn which I still use also because 1 cup is never enough. But I like the Keurig when I want a quick one on the go. My favorite K-cup coffee is 8 O'clock Columbian. No girly flavored coffees or creamer for me. Sweetner is optional. LOL

michael
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
The cost is $19.93 with shipping that includes starter kit and 60 addisional filters may hank or anyone have the cost of walmart thanx.

DocData757
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
I use the Melitta substitute cup with the paper filter in my Keurig and fill it to just below the top. I like the design of the Melitta better than the substitute parts that Keurig produced. Link Below;

https://shoponline.melitta.com/product/63228/FILTPAPER

Any idea how much it holds? Tablespoon? or 2? per cup?

fla-gypsy
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Never measured it but I know it is slightly more than comes in a typical disposable K-cup.

kenn209
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM
We use this, Made by Keurig

http://www.keurig.com/accessories/my-k-cup

Takes about 1 scoop of coffee. Does a great job. We are using a lot less coffee now. Got ours at Kohls.

DocData757
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Can you define 'scoop'? Tablespoon or more?

fla-gypsy
01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
The standard coffee scoop is 1/8th of a cup

B&T
01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I wore out the MY K-CUP from Keurig in a couple of months--plastic cap broke.

looked around and found this:

http://www.my-cap.com/

ordered 4 caps and the brush and just clean out and reuse the k-cups that my dw still prefers to use -- her coffee costs about $.55 a cup-- mine --$.12

michael
01-23-2013, 03:36 AM
about $157 dollars more per year for 1 kcup coffee per day. I drink 10 cups per day ouch. Based on B&T figures.

kenn209
01-23-2013, 03:42 AM
We use a tablespoon and that fills it to the top. So far no issues with the k-cup.

jimmyv13
01-24-2013, 07:45 PM
There is a very small "line" on the filter cup, very close to the top...like a raised bump about 1/4" long and that's what we use when we use our own grounds.

Ruffus
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm with Michael. Years in the Navy as a Petty Officer my right hand and index finger has formed to hold a cup (a large cup) of coffee. If theres not a cup in my hand then it forms to hold a whiskey sour glass, go figure. I have a thermo pot and once it's brewed you can take the pot anywhere and it stays hot all day. You can drink from it to in a pinch if your favorite cup ended up in the dishwasher thanks to the DW.
:thewave:

geo
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
As for the Keurig K-cup, our daughter has one at her house, and I'm with Jimmyv13 - there's a small bump on it that indicates the "grounds level". The coffee is OK. However, Ruffus, my son-in-law finished up his 20 as a CPO and doesn't drink coffee! I don't understand how he made it 20 years without coffee!

Now, for coffee strength? No one can beat a Cajun toolpusher on a posted rig in the lower Atchafalaya south of Jeanerette, Louisiana! Now, you may think you have had chicory coffee before and that it was pretty strong. But this stuff would fight you for the spoon to stir it! :eek:

Ron

JRTJH
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Ron,

You can take the boy out of Cajunland but you can't take the Cajun out of the boy... We still order our Community Coffee online. I'm just not quite able to wrap my fingers around a cup of Sanborne or Maxwelhouse and call it coffee. Dark Roast with Chicory, but my wife is trying to wean me off that and onto Between Roast.

Ironically, we can order it 10 pounds at a time (in one pound bricks) cheaper than we could buy it in Louisiana.

And, even with my "strong coffee", it's no match for that Jeanerette tool pusher's morning brew :thewave:

curlyfungirl
01-25-2013, 03:37 PM
We bought a coffee holder from the manufacturer as well. My husband likes it just fine. I use our K to boil the water for my tea. :)

dwayneb236
02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Fill mine a little over half full. I'm not much of a super strong coffee guy, but do enjoy it.

MadMax
02-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Would anyone out there happen to know if there is some kind of 'cup/cartridge' that can be substituted in the Bosch Tassimo Single Cup Coffee Maker? I was aware of the Keurig having one but was given the Tassimo as a Christmas gift.
Thanks.

hankpage
02-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Would anyone out there happen to know if there is some kind of 'cup/cartridge' that can be substituted in the Bosch Tassimo Single Cup Coffee Maker? I was aware of the Keurig having one but was given the Tassimo as a Christmas gift.
Thanks.

I can't help you on that but thought you may want to read about their recall. Since you received as a gift you may not have been notified. Bosch recall (http://www.coffeebrewerinfo.com/News/Bosch-recalls-Tassimo-single-cup-coffee-makers.htm)