PDA

View Full Version : Coaxial Connection

jeff-14
01-21-2013, 07:47 AM
I have a 2011 Avalanche 330re. In the cabinet above the large drawers where the washer and dryer would go there is door. Inside of the door is a 12v outlet and 2 coaxial connections. One is for the over the air antenna and cable tv. What is the other connection for?

captbru
01-21-2013, 05:10 PM
The other conection is for the satellite conection, if you have an outside dish or direct tv. There should be another conection near the conection for the cable tv.

jeff-14
01-22-2013, 08:22 AM
That is what I thought. But when i connected my direct tv box it kept saying no satellite found. The satellite in the other room is working fine. I pulled the plate off and the wire going to the outlet is gray so i went into the back of the pannel where the water, tv hook ups are and the wires leaving is orange.

fireidiot
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
That is what I thought. But when i connected my direct tv box it kept saying no satellite found. The satellite in the other room is working fine. I pulled the plate off and the wire going to the outlet is gray so i went into the back of the pannel where the water, tv hook ups are and the wires leaving is orange.

Check your rear jack. If it has two connections, I think you need a coaxial jumper to get it to the other outlet. Make sure your antenna power booster is off as well.