PDA

View Full Version : Fan, Speakers and Roof

Quiroule
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
As I am sitting inside listening to the Florida rain, I am considering the acquisition of a Fan-Tastic fan.

Now, if I remove the 4 screws holding the inside part of the actual vent, will-I be able to see if I have electricity close by, without removing the part on the roof.

How can-you remove the speakers from the ceiling?

Out of curiosity, anyone knows the thickness of the plywood used on the roof.

Thanks

byrdr1
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Now, if I remove the 4 screws holding the inside part of the actual vent, will-I be able to see if I have electricity close by, without removing the part on the roof?
If there are any wires around you should be able to see them. Hopefully ther eis a light near the vent that is where most wires will be run.

Mine are held up by 4 small screws. but then you will have a wire and and several holes showing.

Out of curiosity, anyone knows the thickness of the plywood used on the roof?
Walk on roff is about all I can tell you, I have walked on mine 4-5 times, I just watch where I step, near the vents, plumbing type things and I am a big guy. I also do not use my camper ladder to get on top of my camper. Seems a little iffy to me?
randy

hankpage
01-17-2013, 12:27 PM
As I am sitting inside listening to the Florida rain, I am considering the acquisition of a Fan-Tastic fan.

Now, if I remove the 4 screws holding the inside part of the actual vent, will-I be able to see if I have electricity close by, without removing the part on the roof.

Out of curiosity, anyone knows the thickness of the plywood used on the roof.

Thanks

To remove the inside trim from the vent you may have to also remove the handle. On most models you will be able to see or reach in on at least two sides. If you have an unswitched light close by the power is there.

Most Cougar roofs are 3/8" plywood.

Each model of speaker used will mount differently. Trim will pry off to expose screws.