PDA

View Full Version : New from Tehachapi

New from Tehachapi
01-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Just joined this forum. Been a RV owner for many years and currently own a 2006 Montana 3475RL. I tow with a 2009 Chev., 3500 diesel. Bought both units new and I am very happy with them (my team). We (my wife and I) travel with two pugs, Dora and Diego. We are the happiest when on the road.

Festus2
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
:wlcm: to you and your wife; and, of course Dora and Diego. We're glad to have you as a member and look forward to hearing from you.

Ron
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
:wlcm: from up north and hello from another Montana owner...Happy Campin.......

crash
01-17-2013, 03:19 AM
Hello and welcome from the east coast.

Ruffus
01-17-2013, 04:42 AM
Welcome to the forum. I love saying Tehachapi, the big hill with all the wind turbines, beautiful terrain and nice peolple, welcome again.:wlcm:

JRTJH
01-17-2013, 07:40 AM
One nice thing about Tehachapi (there are many) is that once you make the climb to get there, it's all "downhill" no matter which way you're headed LOL

The climb from Lancaster and Rosamond, when the wind is blowing sure is "fun" LOL It's easy to understand why they put all the wind turbines where they did. Of course, I've always wondered why so many people have 30' or bigger boats sitting on cradles in their back yards in the desert..... Hmmmm :confused:

camper 2010
01-18-2013, 07:20 AM
There is a small county campground park just south of the airport, I can't remember the name of, but you turn left about 1 mile south of the airport. I make the mistake of taking my trailer up the hill one night. my bad. Does anyone know the name of that campground?

JRTJH
01-18-2013, 07:47 AM
You may be thinking of Mountain Valley RV Park. It's almost in the field south of the runway?

camper 2010
01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
The Mountain Valley RV Park is where we ended up staying. Camping was nest to the runway. The county or city campground is about two miles from there. You would need to turn left out of the campground, go about 2 miles and turn left, going up a steep narrow road with no place to turn around.

JRTJH
01-18-2013, 04:54 PM
You may be thinking of the Tehachapi Mountain Park. Kern County maintains that one. I have never been there, but it is about where you describe from Mountain Valley Campground. It is up there in the mountains and I wouldn't want to be pulling an RV up those roads at night without knowing where I was headed :eek:

When we were assigned to Edwards AFB, we would go to Mountain Valley Airport (there was no formal campground back then) and camp alongside the runway. Every weekend, gliders were towed aloft with powered airplanes and sometimes there would be 20 or more gliders circling overhead most of the day. We'd camp in the brush and watch gliders all weekend. My oh my those were simpler times for sure LOL

camper 2010
01-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Yes, that is the park, Tehachapi Mountain Park, They have a sign that says camping at where you turn to go up the hill. This is not where you can take a TT, 5W, or large MH.