PDA

View Full Version : Proud Newbie

Lonestar
01-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Hello everyone

Just bought a new coug so had to sign up! We bought the 2013 24RKS after putting it off last year but won't even get to pick it up until at least April. We visited it yesterday for the first time.Probably shouldn't have. Too wound up now. We were going to buy in spring but the deal was just to sick to pass up. Got lucky actually. Looks pretty sweet anyways and the dealership was awesome.

I believe I am pushing it at this weight as I have a Dodge ram 1500 with the Hemi to tow with and it is all mountains up here but will be in the market for a new truck maybe next year so I will deal with it.

davidjsimons
01-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Welcome. I too am a new Cougar owner, 28RBS. I bought mine back at the beginning of November, but did manage to squeeze in three great trips before winterizing. I know that you will enjoy your new unit this upcoming year. I also drive a Dodge as well. You're batting 1000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Festus2
01-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Lonestar -

You're absolutely right - it is all mountains where you live! Real mountains! The 1500 will have its work cut out for it for sure. When you do look for a new truck, I'd recommend a diesel if you are going to be pulling your TT up and down the Rockies.

Welcome to the forum - glad to have you with us.

davidjsimons
01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Ditto on the diesel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Javi
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Welcome and ditto on the diesel..

Lonestar
01-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Yup diesel for sure. Wish I bought last time but hind site now. Did not need one. I may upgrade sooner. We will see after I climb out of osoyoos and it's six or so hairpins back to the kootenays. That may be the end of my tranny right there! Then I will have an excuse. Hee hee!