PDA

View Full Version : Vent covers

davidjsimons
01-12-2013, 03:31 AM
I am looking for opinions on the best functioning and longest lasting vent covers. I want to be able to leave my roof vent open with the fan on when I shower and not have to be bothered if it is raining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TAZ23
01-12-2013, 03:54 AM
I Installed the the vent covers from camping world on my Outback this summer It was a qick easy install. the Max Airs are also good but a bit more expensive. The last time I looked at the Camco ones they required screwing into the roof for installing. The other two install on the vent flanges

jbsmith
01-12-2013, 04:28 AM
I've been happy with my MaxxAir covers. They're relatively easy to install and have not faded, yellowed, or otherwise deteriorated. The stickers were also very easy to remove if you like to keep things uncluttered.

They only slightly restricted the full opening of my standard Heng's brand vent lids. The MaxxAir covers also swing open for easy cleaning of the cover and vent lid.

The covers work great and have kept out some pretty heavy horizontal rain. I usually leave the vent lid in the bath cracked open a few inches all the time to help reduce moisture..

Javi
01-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Maxxair for me "bouncey:

hankpage
01-12-2013, 07:36 AM
X3 on Maxxair .... I prefer the smoke color, they are a little more $ but are polycarbonate and do not get brittle in the cold. Hinged mounts used to be optional but I think are standard now. Makes cleaning and checking roof seals easy. JM2¢, Hank

Htfiremedic
01-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Maxxair on mine, the Aunts and MIL's. no complaints and have been in some bad storms on the waterfront!

maxx1963
01-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Maxxair II. They tilt open to clean them or access your vent.

davidjsimons
01-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the input. I just purchased a pair of Maxxair II cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk