PDA

View Full Version : Replacing rear window in Alpine

turbopilot51
01-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Has anyone replaced the large picture window in the back of their fiver? I am looking at replacing ours due to being broke into. The glass is not broke, just the part that cranks open for ventilation. The dealer says replacing the whole window is the only way to go. The window is made by Kinro.

Festus2
01-09-2013, 07:00 PM
I haven't had need to replace the large, rear window but had to replace one of the smaller side windows. I just removed it, took it into a local glass repair shop, and had the glass replaced there. The glass was double pane so it had to be a special order and took about a week.
As a stop gap, I bought a piece of plexiglass and temporily attached it while the glass was ordered.

turbopilot51
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
I haven't had need to replace the large, rear window but had to replace one of the smaller side windows. I just removed it, took it into a local glass repair shop, and had the glass replaced there. The glass was double pane so it had to be a special order and took about a week.
As a stop gap, I bought a piece of plexiglass and temporily attached it while the glass was ordered.
None of the glass is broke, just the crank hardware.

JRTJH
01-09-2013, 08:06 PM
If it's just the hardware, you may find it here:

http://search.mobilehomepartsstore.com/kinro-window-hardware

There are about 400 entries there for Kinro window parts.

If you don't see it there, do a Google search for KINRO WINDOW HARDWARE and type in any numbers you can find on the damaged parts, I'd think finding replacement cranks and pushrods is much easier and cheaper than buying a new 6' window......

If you can't find what you need, Kinro is owned by Lippert, the customer service department for Kinro has this phone number on their webpage:

LCI/Kinro customer service at 574-312-6061

Ron
01-09-2013, 10:02 PM
You can also go to Kinro parts on line and look at there diagrams and they say they will help you get the parts you need........Good Luck