PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Buy Bullet Premier 19FBPR

arcy
01-05-2013, 01:59 PM
I have a Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 with the factory tow package. It is rated to tow up to 6500 lbs. I am looking at several trailer manufacturers and have found quite a few negative comments. So far I haven't found anything to turn me away from the Bullet Premier.

Modedrator's Note:
This post and the reply by SteveC7010 below were moved from New Member Check In to this section.

SteveC7010
01-05-2013, 02:09 PM
I have a Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 with the factory tow package. It is rated to tow up to 6500 lbs. I am looking at several trailer manufacturers and have found quite a few negative comments. So far I haven't found anything to turn me away from the Bullet Premier.

The trailer is GVWR'd at 6,500#. You are instantly at the max for your Tacoma at sea level. I am going to suggest that you will not be happy with the performance of the truck pulling a trailer that large.

I would not consider towing that trailer with anything less than a properly equipped half ton.

arcy
01-08-2013, 05:20 PM
I agree with you 100 %. Looks like the dealeris just looking for another commission. I am going to the Boston RV show next week to take a look at the trailer. I probably trade in the Tacoma for a F150 if I decide on the 19FBPR. Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated.

jbh512
03-29-2014, 07:21 PM
I know this post has been down for a while but I had to chime in anyway. I own a 2011 Tacoma and the Premier 19. My truck pulls it just fine. Equalizer WD hitch and prodigy brake controller. Pretty tired of the majority saying the Tacoma isn't a capable truck to tow with. Maybe we should all just get Peterbilt's to pull our ultra-light trailers.

JRTJH
03-29-2014, 08:00 PM
A Peterbilt would certainly pull it without any issue.

koko
04-01-2014, 10:20 AM
We pull with a...look at our signature. Pulls just fine with WDH - even in the mountains.

greengiant
04-01-2014, 05:15 PM
I towed a 26' unit with same weights as that Bullet with an 03 Dakota-quad/4.7/4x4/5 speed manual......and I would not want to do it again. It's max tow was 5k, and I was over that all the time-not a good idea. That Tacoma may do fine, but then again, you may find you don't like it......if you are still looking :)

jbh512
04-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Just finished my trip from NH to New Orleans and the Tacoma did great! Wouldn't mind a little more HP on the longer inclines but overall I couldn't be happier. The WD hitch and break controller gave me all the confidence I needed to drive with 1 hand on the wheel with an average moving speed of 61mph.