PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Outback Syney 329fb Fith Wheel- Rear wall Construction

therink
05-18-2010, 03:18 PM
I was just wondering: The fiberglass rear wall construction in my new 2010 329fb fiver is hollow with bat insulation, not vacuum bonded (hard) like the side walls. I didn't notice this until after I bought it. Not a big deal but looks like a shortcut or production cost savings. The rear wall in my buddies Jayco fiver is solid as was two other trailers I previously owned. I just think while it may not structurally affect the unit, there is a lot of flex in the wall whereas the rear window moves in and out when pushed. I was surprised when I noticed this.:confused: It feels cheap. Also, I would think that this flexing would make the filon more susceptible to damage from anything that hits it (like bike handlebars stored on the bike rack, etc.), as nothing is behind to provide strength. Are all Keystones like this, or did they just start making them this way? I know I cant change it but any feedback would be appreciated.

Festus2
05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Steve
The rear wall of our '08 Cougar is as you described it - flexible and backed with nothing but fiberglass insulation. Keystone was making the rear wall like this prior to you purchasing yours. So far, the flex hasn't proved to be problematic - the area around the window seems more rigid but that is probably due to the window itself and the internal supports to secure it.

therink
05-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Ok, thanks Fetus2