PDA

View Full Version : Were did you ring in the New Years

crash
01-04-2013, 03:46 AM
Spent the new years in Myrtle Beach KOA, there were more people there than I thought that would be about a 100 or so.went to broadway at the beach and watched fireworks and had some road soads:party: to ring in the new years .I hope everone had a safe new years.

Javi
01-04-2013, 04:12 AM
Spent 4 wonderful days doing absolutely nothing productive... at Lake Whitney State Park near home... Didn't want to get on the hwy and I didn't want to stay home... The park was pretty much empty which surprised me since it showed nearly full when we booked the spot... I think there were only 7 or 8 trailers in the whole park.. very quiet and peaceful, just the way we like it.

fla-gypsy
01-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Rainbow Spgs state park in Dunnellon Fl

antiqfreq
01-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Unfortunately it was in front of my TV this year.......

:(

Maybe this next Holiday season we can get out !

Jo

B&T
01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Staying at Briarcliffe RV Resort near North Myrtle beach.

6pm Fireworks at Barefoot Landing (next door to the resort)
8pm Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach
9:30-12 New Years eve party at the RV resort clubhouse

Mighty Ming
01-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Well we stayed home but... Played beer pong for the first time with our 85 year old neighbors!! Yes beer pong ..,and they beat us. Dangerous game I found out. Have seen it played at campgrounds but never par-took.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris199
01-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Had my DW's sister, her son and girlfriend visiting with us. We all headed to downtown Philly to see the Liberty Bell, tour Independence Hall, see Betsy Ross' house, walk Elfreth's Alley, and took in the fireworks on the waterfront. Also grabbed dinner at Pat's Steaks...nephew taste tested Geno's Steaks across the street. Was a chilly day and evening......

Next year trying to see if the 25 to 28 hr trek to the Keys would be worth it. Two weeks in the Keys sounds nice over Christmas. Ironic...I was the one just a month or so ago who was asking who would ever camp over the holidays. Broadening horizons I guess.....

reubenray
01-04-2013, 12:22 PM
In our driveway. Several of our neighbors put on a fireworks show that would put some cities to shame. The streets are usually jammed with cars to watch the fireworks. We usually get a crick in our neck turning round and round trying to see all of them. If it is cold we have the firepit going and we can drink all we want without having to worry about driving home.

chain_dogg
01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
On the front porch, in my boxers, beer in hand, cigar in the other. :D

JRTJH
01-04-2013, 06:07 PM
On the front porch, in my boxers, beer in hand, cigar in the other. :D

Now that's an image only a mother could love :rofl:

dandjh1958
01-06-2013, 06:41 PM
We ran in the new year over on the Oregon Coast at a RV park in Walport Oregon.
We heard a couple of fireworks go off and a little hoot and hollering but pretty quite over all.
We were crabbing from the docks and didn't get any keepers- the big crabs are still out in the channels closer to the ocean and we didn't have a boat.

Oh well..... the local stores have plenty of crab for sale at a good price "bouncey:

crash
01-07-2013, 04:53 AM
Chris199 thats what we are planning on doing going to the keys and staying at the naval air station campground really nice place and only $22 a night.staying only a week thow :(