PDA

View Full Version : BC to Yellowstone

concours
01-01-2013, 04:32 PM
We are planning a 2week trip from Kellowna BC to Yellowstone in August any suggestions as to routes and serviced campgrounds

Randy_K
01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
We are planning a 2week trip from Kellowna BC to Yellowstone in August any suggestions as to routes and serviced campgrounds

August ??? You sound like you look forward to the summer as much as us.:) I spend winter just dreaming of summer , kinda wish i could hibernate. Good luck with the trip planing.

Randy

curlyfungirl
01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
We always stay at the Grizzly campground at the West Yellowstone Entrance. It is very clean and the staff are friendly. There is no pool but why would you want one when you can swim in the beautiful streams and rivers of Yellowstone.

Dhuhn
04-14-2013, 04:47 PM
One suggestion if camping in Yellowstone to make a reservation I think they only have 2 , maybe 3 campgrounds with full hookups. They do fill up so its a good idea to reserve ahead of time.

Bugle Boy
04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
We like Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone. Have stayed there several times.

Not sure about a route, but I would think Spokane, Missoula, Butte to West Yellowstone would be a beautiful drive. We stayed in a campground in Missoula and one in Butte in '04. Don't remember much about them but they were nice.

Karen & Larry
04-29-2013, 05:18 PM
We also stayed in Fishing Bridge Campground it has full hookups which is great however the sites are rather close to each other. It was also tough parking the RV in the confined spaces. other than that it was great. We had a Bison walk through our loop which drew a growd. We came in the park from the East Gate of the Np through Cody WY lots of mountains switch backs. We could breathe a bit easierr once we saw flat land. Leaving the park we did back track through Cody & stayed there for a week lots of history there, once we left we traveled up to Billings MT to 94 taking it back down into SD.

Jca3
04-30-2013, 06:14 PM
I think I have written this before so apologize if someone reads this repeat. We like the Tetons better than Yellowstone. Yellowstone packs you in like sardines in the campgrounds. They pick the next available spot. We were there in late May so there were plenty spots up top in Fishing Bridge. We camped one night where they placed us with slides touching. The next day we walked up top and went back to the front desk and asked to move. They said sure. A momma grizzly and baby walked right out behind the trailer and stayed around for about an hour. We quickly went inside to take our photos of her.
One guy from Mass. was angry they let bears in the campground. Ha the bears in Yellowstone are letting you stay in their area.
We also like Mammoth Hot springs campground.
Head down to the Tetons near some of the lakes. Nicer campgrounds but if you have a big rig you might have trouble finding a spot big enough.

Kenworth
05-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't recommend camping in West Yellowstone, unless you don't like campfires.