PDA

View Full Version : New member

John Shaw
12-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Also just joined. Just traded a 2008 Raptor 3814 for a 2012 Montana 3400 RL. Love all the extra living area but am already missing my garage. We pull the thing with a 2012 K2500 Silverado with the 6.6 Durmax. We have the Pull Rite automatic hitch. The only must haves on the trade were the six point leveling system and the mor-ride suspension and hitch.

Only warranty issue is the porch light doesn't work. Haven't checked to see if it is a bulb.

hankpage
12-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome ...... looking forward to you sharing your experiences with others.

If you have a remote ???? any light that has been turned on with it must be turned off with it. (We have never had one but this is what I have gathered on the forum.) As you mentioned bulbs and fuses are the easiest to check first. Travel safely, Hank http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=299&pictureid=1408

Keeper
12-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Welcome John. Hope all goes well with your new Montana. :wlcm:

justlkn
12-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Welcome! How do you like the hitch? I was thinking of changing over to that sometime in the future.

Herap
12-26-2012, 06:47 PM
:wlcm: to the forum and especially your idea of a camper! Enjoy!

p.s. As stated above, any light turned on by your remote 'must' be turned off by the remote before the interior controls will work.

Ray

SAABDOCTOR
12-27-2012, 05:47 AM
HI AND:wlcm:love my montana too. yours is nice. the remote thing is a pita! i never use mine except for leveling. but i only have front and rear jacks. enjoy all the adeventures be safe looking forward to the stories. have a:ny1:

John Shaw
12-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Welcome ...... looking forward to you sharing your experiences with others.

If you have a remote ???? any light that has been turned on with it must be turned off with it. (We have never had one but this is what I have gathered on the forum.) As you mentioned bulbs and fuses are the easiest to check first. Travel safely, Hank http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=299&pictureid=1408
Tried the remote but there is not a button on the remote for the porch light inless it is one of the two aux ones. Haven't really had a chance to play with the rig yet. Picked in up at Jacksonville CW, stayed one night at Flamingo Lakes (nice campground), and then brought it home. Leave for Sebring, FL, on 01/12 for the airshow. Will figure out everything then.

John Shaw
12-27-2012, 07:08 AM
Welcome! How do you like the hitch? I was thinking of changing over to that sometime in the future.
Love the hitch. It's great. Only thing is you have to make sure the slide rails are well greased.

justlkn
12-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Tried the remote but there is not a button on the remote for the porch light inless it is one of the two aux ones. Haven't really had a chance to play with the rig yet. Picked in up at Jacksonville CW, stayed one night at Flamingo Lakes (nice campground), and then brought it home. Leave for Sebring, FL, on 01/12 for the airshow. Will figure out everything then.

Hey that's the same campground I just did my shakedown cruise! Apparently we live very close to each other! I was going to try to go to Sebring also.

John Shaw
12-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey that's the same campground I just did my shakedown cruise! Apparently we live very close to each other! I was going to try to go to Sebring also.
Do you go for the Air Expo? I have volunteered there for the last four or five years. I am also a sport pilot and I have a 2008 Sportcruiser. This is the second year that we will be staying at Lake Josephine campground. When I firs went we had a Forest River Lexington GTS. Found it was too small for two people.

curlyfungirl
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new rig.