PDA

View Full Version : Rubber seals around the slides???

sandy43
12-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Small problem I'm trying to figure out why this happens. When slides are moved out, the rubber seal does not fully extend outward. Lately I've been using my hand or a stick to bend or pull them out. I've put silicon and 303 on them to make them more flexible, but they still have a small area where their still bent inward. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. It concerns me, because rain water could drain back into the slides. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Bushman512000
12-22-2012, 12:09 PM
just use some more lube takes time to soften the rubber up but You are on the right track.Bushman:D

hankpage
12-22-2012, 08:55 PM
It is not that big a problem. What you seeing is just a sweep that directs water and debris away from the actual seal that is behind it. If the slide is aligned properly that inner seal should keep all water out and like Bushman said keep treating the sweep and it should soften up and roll completely in time.

Jim W
12-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Have you waxed the sides of the slide were the seal slides on the wall?

I have found that I need to wax the sides once a season along with seal conditioner applied to the seals. This works will for me and when I start to see the seals are not turning out for me than I need to wax the slide wall again and apply seal conditioner to the seals.
Jim W.

justlkn
12-23-2012, 10:06 AM
hmmm...waxing the sides of the slides. Havent thought of that but it makes sense. Thanks for the tip Jim!!

Glenn

chuck&gail
12-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I wax the slide sides. I have also found the 303 works best on the seals if both sides are coated. I use a rag on as stick to do the insides.