PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion washer/dryer outlet won't work

Htfiremedic
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Has anyone had a problem with the washer/dryer outlet? My breaker is not tripped and I can't find a tripped GFCI outlet. Any ideas?
I thought about pulling the outlet and replacing it with a regular GFCI. Any ideas in that?

hankpage
12-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I would try resetting the CG breaker. You may have lost only one leg of your 50 amp and not tripped completely. Then check for power at the W/D breaker in your panel. I never had a trailer wired for W/D but in some homes the breaker for the laundry area is the GFIC but it should be marked as such. Good luck ... Hope someone else can be of more help, Hank

SteveC7010
12-19-2012, 05:34 AM
I would try resetting the CG breaker. You may have lost only one leg of your 50 amp and not tripped completely. Then check for power at the W/D breaker in your panel. I never had a trailer wired for W/D but in some homes the breaker for the laundry area is the GFIC but it should be marked as such. Good luck ... Hope someone else can be of more help, Hank

Fully agree. If you have the right meter or tester, start at the CG pole and test down stream to the W/D. Check the trailer end of your power cable, too.

We've also heard several reports of loose connections in the AC portion of the convertor that result in similar behavior. Don't overlook the connections in any junction box, either.

FWIW, the AC side of our RV's is not terribly different from residential AC wiring so all the usual suspects should be considered.