PDA

View Full Version : gulf coast campground

scrnt
12-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Hello all, the family and I are looking for a campground near the gulf. DW only needs are white sand and blue water near by. Would like water and elec. Some where that has decent sized sites. Doesn't have to be on beach just reasonable close. If any one has any experience please let me know. We want be going till aug 2013 or late july. thanks d.p.

fla-gypsy
12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
IMO the closest nice gulf beach park to you is St Andrews SP in Panama City Beach. There are 3 others within another 100 miles (Grayton Bch SP, Topsail Hill SP, and Henderson Bch SP). These 4 gulf beach parks have some of the most beautiful beaches and water in the world.

Outbackmel
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Fill early and very fast. Florida seniors get cheap rates. Look at www.rvparkreviews.com and you will get enough comments to make a decision. You cannot go wrong in any of the state parks on the gulf. They do offer the finest. If you cannot get in, try Geronimo in Destin. We stayed there for a week a year ago. Clean and functional. Concrete sites, level.
First choice would be a state park.

Keeper
12-11-2012, 09:08 AM
IMO the closest nice gulf beach park to you is St Andrews SP in Panama City Beach. There are 3 others within another 100 miles (Grayton Bch SP, Topsail Hill SP, and Henderson Bch SP). These 4 gulf beach parks have some of the most beautiful beaches and water in the world.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/findapark/district-northwest.cfm

Check out this web site. If you search around you can find dates available and lots of other info about those great parks that fla-gypsy suggested - he knows what he's talking about. The only one I would add to his suggestions is Saint George Island State Park.

fla-gypsy
12-11-2012, 09:26 AM
http://www.floridastateparks.org/findapark/district-northwest.cfm

Check out this web site. If you search around you can find dates available and lots of other info about those great parks that fla-gypsy suggested - he knows what he's talking about. The only one I would add to his suggestions is Saint George Island State Park.

I liked the beach at St George a lot as it was less crowded but the water is just not as nice there and the mosquitos in the CG were just horrendous. St Joseph had a beautiful beach as well but the CG is not easy to get to and is just not up to par with the rest in my list. I will add that Topsail Hill and some of Grayton has FHU sites. That can be a plus for an extended trip

PC70
12-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Try http://floridastateparks.org/topsailhill/default.cfm the DW loves it and so do the kids. You have to bike to the beach or ride the tram. Very family oriented. We go twice a year.

scrnt
12-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions will be doing some research on the info so far. Thanks again guys.

scrnt
01-27-2013, 06:17 PM
we have booked our sites at grayton state park.

LouSlugger
01-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Consider Ft. Morgan RV Park near Gulf Shores. They have about 5 sites directly on the Mobil Bay side of the peninsula, and there is a state park a very short distance on the other side of the main road which is on the Gulf of Mexico. Stayed there last April and loved it.

camper 2010
01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Dont give up on the National Parks System. Fort Pickens in Pensacola, FL.

fla-gypsy
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
we have booked our sites at grayton state park.

Nice choice, not to busy, funky little local area with major city options nearby.