PDA

View Full Version : New member from NW Iowa

demgdaj
12-08-2012, 07:40 AM
We decided to buy are very first trailer a 2012 Keystone Avalance 330RE 5th wheel. We had this delivered to our home. After three weeks having the trailer in our driveway our next step was to get a truck and through much research decided on a Ford F350 6.7 Diesel. I check this forum on a daily basis for all the great information from other posters. We can't wait for 2013 for our first camping adventure.

hankpage
12-08-2012, 08:02 AM
There is always "Driveway Camping" to take the edge off of waiting. And it is a good way to get familiar with the trailer. Enjoy your new rig and travel safely (When spring comes), Hank
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1238 Make sure the neighbors see the wine bottle and glasses and make them really jealous.

Festus2
12-08-2012, 08:07 AM
:wlcm: to the forum! When your truck arrives and you hook it and go for a spin around the block, it will be a very nice-looking unit. Congratulations!

michael
12-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Welcome.
I second the driveway camping, if the black and grey havent ben used fill them up with water and check for leaks check faucets water lines, open and close all windows ac , heat, lights oh one big item is the comfort of sleeping on the mattress i opted for a upgrade right away.

fla-gypsy
12-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the group and I must say when you jumped in, you jumped in BIG! Have fun with the new toys

demgdaj
12-09-2012, 04:03 AM
We were looking at the Cougar 327RES and really liked the layout. We made a trip to Des Moines for my 62 birthday and looked at a couple of RV centers and came across the Avalanche 330RE for almost the same money as the Cougar. When these 5th wheels are side by side at the RV centers there lengths are deceiving until the Avalanche was in our driveway. The Avalanche is 38' 4" long.

Keeper
12-09-2012, 05:10 AM
demgdaj, I'm glad to see you joined the Avalanche group. The group is brand new and just getting started. Please join the conversation and post some pictures.