PDA

View Full Version : koko9900

koko9900
12-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Looking at a 2010 Larado 316RL, it has no heat run in the bathroom floor. Is this the factory build or did they miss it? Anyone out there have this model? E-mailed Keystone 2 weeks ago & they did not answer.

hankpage
12-08-2012, 07:54 AM
My Cougar also has no heat in bathroom so I would think they just don't want you spending too much time in there when it's cold. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1117

Festus2
12-08-2012, 08:13 AM
koko9900 -
If you do a forum search "Laredo316RL" , you will find several members who have this or a very similar model. If you don't get any responses from owners of that particular RV as a result of this post, try sending them a Private Message and ask for information about that. We don't have any "furnace-generated heat" in our bathroom either but it is a different model.

CUFFS054
12-08-2012, 10:07 AM
My Springdale TT doesn't have any either, but broom stays plenty warm

davidjsimons
12-08-2012, 10:19 AM
My Cougar has furnace driven heat in the bathroom. Did they just start doing this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hankpage
12-08-2012, 10:39 AM
My Cougar has furnace driven heat in the bathroom. Did they just start doing this?

It depends on the model and location of bathroom. On my model a duct would interfere with basement access which is cluttered with plumbing already. I have considered adding it but we mostly warm-weather camp so it has not been near the top of the list.

davidjsimons
12-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Mine is a 28RBS TT with the head in the rear. There are a lot of comments that can be made about that statement.

hankpage
12-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Mine is a 28RBS TT with the head in the rear. There are a lot of comments that can be made about that statement.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1177

KanTC
12-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Welcome koko9900,

It's the factory build... and, as others have said, much depends on the floorplan arrangement.

Our 2010 Laredo has a split bath & no heat in the toilet room. If it's really cold outside &
the (tiny) room gets chilly, we simply leave that interior door opened slightly & room stays warm.

As for the 316 RL, depending on the existing ductwork & plumbing (etc), it 'might' be possible
to add heat to the bath area if you choose to do so.

On EDIT: some RV manufacturers go on hiatus during Dec., until after the 1st of the year.....
there may not be anyone available at Keystone to answer your email?? Just an added thought.

Good luck with your decision,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

hankpage
12-08-2012, 01:37 PM
:bm: Now you made me go look. I can easily put a tee in the bedroom duct, keep the new duct up between the plumbing and not loose any usable room. Guess I have another project for the winter. Just moved it up on my round-to-it list. If I aim the register properly it may make a nice seat warmer. (tx)

To the OP: You might be able to do this also but with a TT you might have to drop some of the under-belly covering (Chloroplast) to gain access to the ductwork.

Ayotte
12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Our cougar 26sab has one in the bathroom-was much to hot-closed it off to about 1/4 open

Bluewater
12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Our 310RE Laredo does not have heat in the bathroom either.

JRTJH
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Looking at your floorplan, it seems the furnace is under the refrigerator. If that's where it is and if there's an unused 4" duct spacer on it, you may be able to run a 4" duct from the furnace through the bottom step and up into the bathroom floor. It should be a simple routing "IF" there's an open 4" duct connection on the furnace. It might be a good idea to look at it and see before tearing into the basement to connect to ducts that run to the bedroom.

koko9900
12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the help to all.