PDA

View Full Version : New member from WV

hypes5
05-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi All,

I am not new to camping. But I am new to this forum and the fifth wheel market. I just purchased a 2010 Avalanche 340TG. I had a pull-rite slider hitch installed with 7 pin connector in the bed. I went to pick up my new fifth wheel today but soon discover that I did not have any trailer brakes. After making a u turn and heading back to the dealer we found out that I was not getting any power to the trailer. The dealer could not find the porblem. I had the hitch install at a different rv parts dealer. Any one have any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks

hankpage
05-08-2010, 04:35 PM
You don't mention a brake controller being installed :confused: If you have one try plugging the trailer into the bumper mounted 7 pin connector and see if it works there. Your controller should indicate if you are connected. .... Oh! Welcome to the forum.

hypes5
05-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I have the integrated brake control. I also tried the connector on the bumper and had the same results. When I picked my truck up after the hitch and connector was installed I had a "check trailer wiring" message displayed on the instrument panel. I think maybe they did not wire the connector correctly. But all the lights work. Just no power to the trailer brakes.