PDA

View Full Version : Southco keyless pad

turbopilot51
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Today I was washing the Alpine getting it ready for a long winter's nap. I gave the rig a good wash/wax with the brush that I normal use. Later I tried to enter the rig and found the keyless entry not working. I removed the keypad from the rv and carefully open the pad and found some water inside. No doubt from today's washing. I used the dw hair dryer and carefully dried all the components inside and installed a new battery. The pad is working again to my delight. All I need is the same grey double stick tape that was used on the rv. Any ideas as to what is used to mount the keyless pad?

mecfd67
11-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Today I was washing the Alpine getting it ready for a long winter's nap. I gave the rig a good wash/wax with the brush that I normal use. Later I tried to enter the rig and found the keyless entry not working. I removed the keypad from the rv and carefully open the pad and found some water inside. No doubt from today's washing. I used the dw hair dryer and carefully dried all the components inside and installed a new battery. The pad is working again to my delight. All I need is the same grey double stick tape that was used on the rv. Any ideas as to what is used to mount the keyless pad?

Try 3M automotive adhesive

Bluewater
11-26-2012, 10:00 AM
3M double sided trim tape

SAABDOCTOR
11-26-2012, 01:01 PM
3m double sidded tape!! The spray will make a mess:d

turbopilot51
11-26-2012, 05:31 PM
3m double sidded tape!! The spray will make a mess:d

Bought some 3M automotive trim tape today. Worked great and should hold till next battery change. Thanks everyone!
(tx)