PDA

View Full Version : Basic information?

alsaun1235
11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
We just purchased a 2000 Challenger 5th wheel, 35tkb. Our previous unit was a 1986 motor home and the systems were basic.

My question is two part: first, there are three inlets for water, one is labelled "city water connection", one has the label "potable...." and the one in the center has no label. I am guessing that this is the "Flush" ??? If so, some instructions please as we have never used one. If not, what is it?

Second, there are three handles for the dump system. one labelled "sewer holding tank", i think this is black water. "Wastewater holding tank", grey water, and "sewer connection" ?? what is the explanation for this?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

SAABDOCTOR
11-20-2012, 01:12 PM
hi city water is the conection you would use if the campground has water. attach the hose from the gampground faucet to this conection with a white water hose.potable is for dry camping fill it with a water from a faucet then camp where you have no water supply. the flush is for the black tank. open the black dump valve and then run the hose into the flush port till everything comes out clean about 15-20 min should do. so now you also know what the black tank is for. ha ha ha. the other two are the kitchen sink and the bathroom sink and shower are grey water. some people use a clear conetor from the waste pipe to the poopy(stinky slinky) hose so they can see when the black tank runs clear. also most do not leave the black valve open all the time. as the water drains off and the solids stay in the tank. then harden and are a pain to remove solet the black tank fill the flush as needed. best of luck with the adventures:D

hankpage
11-20-2012, 01:50 PM
We just purchased a 2000 Challenger 5th wheel, 35tkb. Our previous unit was a 1986 motor home and the systems were basic.

Second, there are three handles for the dump system. one labelled "sewer holding tank", i think this is black water. "Wastewater holding tank", grey water, and "sewer connection" ?? what is the explanation for this?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

On most fifth wheels there are two gray water tanks, one for galley and one for lavatory sink and shower. Yours the way it is labeled (and some Challenger owners correct me if I'm wrong) may only have one black tank valve and one gray water valve. The other valve is a secondary valve to dump both tanks when their individual valves are opened. (Kind of like a safety feature.) I have been known to be wrong before ... therefor the disclaimer ...... JM2¢, Hank