PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Grill

Lost
11-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Can anyone recommend a good BBQ Grill for camping with our 5th wheel.

zuley
11-17-2012, 05:38 AM
In our previous life as boaters we purchased in 1990 from West Marine a Sea-B-Que grill. We kept it when we sold the boat and now have it as part of our camping gear. In 22 years I replaced the burner 3 years ago and the regulator last year. I'm going to have to MacGyver the rear bumper bbq mount that comes with our new unit to make this one fit. I would not be without it. There are somewhat pricey but certainly worth the money. 3 sizes available- a round 16 inch, and 2 rectangular sizes. I have the larger, I believe aprox 12 x 20 inch cooking surface.

Keeper
11-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Do a search on this topic. You'll find lots of info. We have the Weber Q 120. The Weber Q series is popular among RVers. Easy to use and clean.

Scott G
11-17-2012, 05:53 AM
We have the O Grill and love it. Comes with a good carry bag. A much better built grill than our previous Coleman.

Festus2
11-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Do a search on this topic. You'll find lots of info. We have the Weber Q 120. The Weber Q series is popular among RVers. Easy to use and clean.

X2 Any of the smaller Webers (Q100 - Q120) would be a great choice. Excellent quality.

iwrbc
11-17-2012, 09:23 AM
I would also recommend the Weber Q series. I’ve had one for two years now with no complaints. You can also purchase a cart that folds up for easy storage.

hankaye
11-17-2012, 09:30 AM
KEEPER, Howdy;

Some 'light' reading,

http://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?74-Smokey-Joe-Mini-WSM-Project

I built one and can grill, bake, smoke, and I can pack all the
of the parts, except the Smokey Joe, into the into the pot.

hankaye

allis15
11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Link to Weber website - Q Series portable Gas BBQ

Gary

http://www.weber.com/explore/grills/gas-portable

rhagfo
11-18-2012, 07:58 AM
We love our Weber Q series, VERY WELL BUILT, best small BBQ on the market.

35mastr
11-18-2012, 08:01 AM
I have a large Smokey Joe Gold, Have had it for over 12 years and its been great. Cook 3 Big tri Tips on it at one time. Fits in a rubermaid tub for storage.
I got mine Here... http://www.bbqgalore.com/weber-smokey-joe-gold.html

crash
11-19-2012, 03:42 AM
We also have a weber q style grill and love it.

rrohrer
11-19-2012, 05:06 AM
weber q100 works for my family of four

fla-gypsy
11-19-2012, 06:58 AM
We use the Weber Q220. The Weber Q series is probably the most popular small grill on the market. It cooks like a big grill and is nearly indestructable.

Ayotte
11-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Can you run a webber of the low pressure quick connect on the camper? or do you have to use the small tanks?

rhagfo
11-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Can you run a webber of the low pressure quick connect on the camper? or do you have to use the small tanks?

I have a large tank on the one at home, looking in to a mod to the one we carry in the 5er.

webslave
11-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Can you run a Weber of the low pressure quick connect on the camper? or do you have to use the small tanks?

Yes. That's part of the popularity of their usage with the RV crowd (aside from, IMHO, they are dynamite grills!). In order for a grill to be converted to use the low-pressure ports on modern RVs, the regulator and the gas control valve have to be separate. The Weber Q series of grills are just the ticket. You unscrew the regulator from the control valve, screw on a male quick-connect and use any standard or custom made length of quick-connect hose. I have 5 hoses that I use with the Q-120 and Campfire in a Can. 4', 2x10', 2x12' and one 20' along with a "T" quick-connect fitting. The "T" and all the hoses allows me a multitude of placement options for running the grill alone, the campfire alone or both of them simultaneously. I also made the regulator that came off the grill into a quick-connect reattachment. If I want to go on a picnic "off-site", I can pop the regulator back on and take one of the little 1 lb cans with me.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_56949_0_d2adaeabfb120f5ee1e0fe67e9eed33f.jpg

SAABDOCTOR
11-23-2012, 08:26 AM
yes you can have done it for years"bouncey:

Keeper
11-23-2012, 11:17 AM

No, you don't have to use those small tanks. I fuel my Q120 with two 6' gas hoses connected to give me 12' from one of the RV tanks (got the hoses at CW). The other RV tank fuels the RV so my wife can cook inside while I'm grilling outside. It's better than carrying those small propane bottles.

rhoag
11-26-2012, 04:34 PM
I love this grill. Cooks to perfection and you don't have to baby sit it...NEVER flares! http://www.jesrestaurantequipment.com/product.asp?itemid=24593&utm_source=googleshopping&gclid=CMjvqPHy7bMCFUZgMgod-l8AcQ
Yes pricy!

curlyfungirl
11-27-2012, 05:55 PM
We have the Coleman little round bugger that you put water into the base to keep clean up a breeze. It also folds up into a small bag for easy storage. We also have the Coleman 4 (or is it 5) in one cooking system. The grill with that works great too. This is a bit bigger but the crock pot accessory is well worth the extra room that it takes up. Both run on propane. We don't want to mess with the mess of charcoal

Jabber2Jake
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
I tried to make my Weber Baby Q100 compatible with my low flow 5er propane outlet. Bought all the stuff, followed the exact specs, components people specified. Tried to configure, the fittings would not work, not the right size. What did I do wrong? So, I just bought an 11 lb small propane tank and fill that along with my 30lb 5er tanks. Same low propane price, don't need the tiny containers that cost 3 buckazoids each. The Q100 is still portable which is a good thing as it is not only configured to work with the 5er. We can take it anywhere! "bouncey:

Festus2
11-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Jabber2Jake -
Did you remove the regulator from the Weber BabyQ100? In order to use your RV propane source (which is regulated) you need to take the regulator off the BBQ - otherwise it is regulated twice.

webslave
11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
It is possible that you got the high pressure quick connect, or the NG quick connect parts. Visually they look the same, however, they are not interchangeable. You need to look for the "low pressure" quick connects, the most common manufacturer is MB Sturgis and it is the model 250 low pressure quick connect, both female and male.

I get all of my stuff from Calore Equipment:

http://caloreequipment.com/products/cl/quick-disconnects/1-4-low-pressure-quick-disconnects-plugs.html

They handle the model 250 low pressure LP fittings, along with high pressure LP fittings for both LP and NG uses. If you went to a box store (hardware), you more than likely got the high pressure or the NG versions (that is what they stock for permanent mounting of home style gas grills) and while they do look the same, there are minute differences in the dimensions so that they can't be inadvertantly used in the wrong applications.

Jabber2Jake
11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
I am glad that the stuff I bought did not work, because now I have my BabyQ 100 that works with my 11 lb propane tank that will work anywhere. Super portable. And the propane tank can be filled along with my trailer's 30lb tanks at the same low price of refill. What's to dislike? I'm a happy camper!!! "bouncey: "bouncey: "bouncey: Can you convert your BabyQ and still take it to the beach...if your trailer is not tagged along? Just say'n!

webslave
11-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I am glad that the stuff I bought did not work, because now I have my BabyQ 100 that works with my 11 lb propane tank that will work anywhere. Super portable. And the propane tank can be filled along with my trailer's 30lb tanks at the same low price of refill. What's to dislike? I'm a happy camper!!! Can you convert your BabyQ and still take it to the beach...if your trailer is not tagged along? Just say'n!

Yes, I can :). Simply take the regulator that you took off and put the female quick connect on it (like I did). Now the regulator "quick connects" back on and can be used with 1 lb tanks or with the adapter hose, any standard propane tank, 11 lb and up. I routinely throw the Q120 with the regulator re-attached via quick connects back into the truck for "off-site" picnics. Best of both worlds. I can quickly connect to the low-pressure port and utilize the much more "bountiful" twin 30lb tanks on the fiver, or, I can quick connect the regulator back on and use a 1 lb can (which takes up much less storage space than an 11 lb tank). "bouncey:"bouncey: I use the adapter hose at the sticks and bricks when I need the Q120 to augment my big Weber Sterling for large cookouts; allows use of the Q120 with one of my spare 20 lb tanks "bouncey:

Lost
12-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks for all the info. I went ahead a purchased a weber Q 220 ... Now I can cook steaks.

raytronx
12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Posted on my blog photos and video of my O-Grill hooked up to the Cougar Fifth Wheel (http://loveyourrv.com/o-grill-1000-gas-barbecue/)

Had it done by guy who's propane supply shop was on Enchanted Trails Camping Resort property just west of Albuquerque off I40. He had all the right connectors and could custom make the hose. Really happy with it.

concours
12-24-2012, 12:15 PM
We cooked a 10LB Turkey on a Q220 this last Thanksgiving it turned out great, best BBQ we have had. I gave up on the quick connect long ago I just carry a 20 pounder it works good for the portable camfire , BBQ etc

michael
12-24-2012, 08:13 PM
I use the 20lb tank with my baby Q 100 one night my fiver tanks ran empty and i used the 20lb to get me thru till the morning.