PDA

View Full Version : Almost Maiden Voyage

FamOFive
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM
So we brought home the Cougar 29RBK on Wednesday. I pulled it into the driveway and hooked up the electricity and water. Our "almost" maiden voyage will be spent in the driveway this weekend trying to use everything (except the toilet) as if we were at the campground. The girls are as excited as they could possibly be and already are in the camper "preparing" their bunkroom as I type. Let the memories begin.

The true maiden voyage will be the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. We will be heading to Asheville, NC for the second family holiday get together. Pictures and stories to follow.

I think I am really going to like this version of camping!

DJ85
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Do yourself a favor and get a notebook and write down all your memories."bouncey: The little ones grow up so fast. :eek: But the grand childern or just as much fun all over. :p Never let the good times get ya down and remember the good ones. Have fun and explore the great outdoors. :wlcm:

2011 keystone
11-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi and :wlcm: to the group from WV

davidjsimons
11-16-2012, 05:01 PM
I think this is a good idea. You will figure out how everything works before you actually hit the road.

Htfiremedic
11-16-2012, 05:40 PM
We did a day set up and play prior to our first outing. Worked well. We went to Lincolnton, GA on our first trip.
I packed the rig while DW was at work and the girls at school. We drove the hour and a half and set up after dark. I only forgot a hair dryer and hair bows.
No biggie for me, I shave my head, lol.
DW was very surprised, the kids were super excited.
Life was great!
Enjoy the ride, but hang on!!!

kimrb266
11-16-2012, 07:20 PM
We brought our new trailer home a few weeks ago and the kids were excited to sleep in it so, last Sunday, we too had a sleepover. The kids picked out their sleeping locations and had a good nights sleep. Sadly, we don't have a date for our 1st trip.

FamOFive
11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
It all went well. We made a list of items that we needed as we "camped" over the weekend and I was able to pick them up by the end of the weekend. I've seen it in a few threads, but I came to realize that our Black/Grey valves were mislabeled. But other than that, we seem good to go. Now it is on to live camping. I say bring it on!

Happy Thanksgiving week to all of you. Be safe...and thankful.