PDA

View Full Version : New in Florida

Love2camp
11-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Hey there, we recently upgraded from a Sprinter TT to our new Alpine 5ver. Due to busy kiddo schedule we haven't gotten to take her out yet. Looking forward to a quick trip here soon.

Festus2
11-16-2012, 08:02 AM
:wlcm: Love2camp. Quite a step up but I'm sure you will enjoy the extra room and pulling a 5th. Travel safely.

fla-gypsy
11-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Welcome from a fellow Floridian

antiqfreq
11-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Welcome to the forum from a
former Floridian!

Jo

:wlcm:

justlkn
11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome from another Floridian!

JoeofNSB
11-21-2012, 04:34 AM
Welcome from another Floridian.

Keeper
11-27-2012, 04:09 AM
Welcome from another Floridian from the Nature Coast. Good luck and drive safely.

Love2camp
11-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Just got back from a successful first trip in the new Alpine. Couple of little hiccups but had a great time. Just wondering why the gallery drain is way up underneath the slide and the other two are in a nice compartment on the side of the rig...someone didn't think that one through. Sure is a lot easier to set up with the level up system. Thankful for all of the great info on this forum.

JRTJH
11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Just got back from a successful first trip in the new Alpine. Couple of little hiccups but had a great time. Just wondering why the gallery drain is way up underneath the slide and the other two are in a nice compartment on the side of the rig...someone didn't think that one through. Sure is a lot easier to set up with the level up system. Thankful for all of the great info on this forum.

Welcome to the forum and from the sounds of your post, you're pretty saatisfied with your Alpine so far. That's great and I hope you continue to have good satisfaction with the RV.

As for your question about the location os the sink gray water drain valve, This is speculation only, but think about it and see what you think:

The black tank needs to be accessible when camping with full hookups, one of the gray tanks needs to be accessible to help clean the hose after flushing the black tank. So, those two are together and accessbile with the slides out because they will need to be used regularly during camping with full hookups. Now as for the other gray tank, it would normally be left open during full hookup camping and doesn't need to be accessed regularly. When dry camping, all the valves would be closed until the RV is pulled to the dumping station (all the slides would be pulled in for that tow to the dump station) and with the slides in, all three valves are accessible.

While this doesn't negate Keystone's lack of thinking things through, hopefully it will give you at least one thought as to why they didn't put a priority on accessing the valve that is normally open during camping with hookups.

Just one opinion, I have no doubt there'll be others :)

CCFROMFL
12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome from a newbie 5th wheel owner. Traded the 40' motorhome in a week ago.

Central Florida at this end.

T11ravis
12-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Apparently this is the "Welcome from FL" thread. :D
Enjoy!

jsmith948
12-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Apparently this is the "Welcome from FL" thread. :D
Enjoy!

Oh Geeez! Can't let this go by :D - welcome :wlcm:to the forum from (usually sunny but now foggy) central California. Best of luck with the RV!

SAABDOCTOR
12-12-2012, 09:04 AM
hi :wlcm: enjoy that new camper:D never lived in Florida so i'll break that chain. if you want i can send a foot of snow for Chritmas it won't be a problem realy:rofl:be safe and enjoy

Love2camp
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Sure send the snow, it's in the high 80's here. Looks like another Christmas running the fireplace and the AC at the same time.:)

aburns20
12-13-2012, 03:03 AM
:wlcm: from a Virginian! :D

davidjsimons
12-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Likewise, welcome from the Old Dominion indeed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk