PDA

View Full Version : New Grill

SLIMSHADIE
05-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Just added a new grill to the TT. Its a combination of a bumper support from Keystone(dealer) and Olympian 5500 (amazon.com). I'll store the grill when not used in a cubby. It runs off my low pressure propane, same as my outside stove. I did already burn it in but will cook something this weekend.:D

Mij
05-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I love it!!

irene l
10-16-2012, 04:15 AM
We have a Sprinter 2012 266rbs which came equipped with an Aussie grill. The grill is great for steaks and burgers, but not so good for chicken. Does the Olympian grill do a good job on chicken--meaning cook at a low enough temperature, so as not to char the chicken? The pictures you show are terrific. It looks like the grill mount that came on our trailer, but using the attachment for the Olympian grill. Thanks for the info.

SLIMSHADIE
10-16-2012, 12:18 PM
To be honest, I did all that work and used it once. I found a pretty good setup to cook over the fire, been doin that ever since.

I do use the stove all the time, mostly for breakfast, never had a problem.

curlyfungirl
10-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Pretty snazzy! I'll cook on that over a fire anyday! I'm done with smelling like smoke all day!

KenBob
10-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Gotta love the setup! Excellent for the RV'n Chef! I would love to just sit there and watch the action and then partake of the results! I bet you make lots of friends when you are campin'!

Bushman512000
10-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi got a question I bought a grill from Sam's Club the grill has a propane regulater on it so I have to have a 10# tank but I also have a gas conect under the 5er but no hose or male fitting now.Can I hook up to the 5er or must I have the extra tank?What do I need to make this new grill work on the5er gas supply.I just do not want to have a fire or big bang.So please if You know for sure only please and thank You also...Bushman ...:D:D:D(tx)

Comptech
02-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Just added a new grill to the TT. Its a combination of a bumper support from Keystone(dealer) and Olympian 5500 (amazon.com). I'll store the grill when not used in a cubby. It runs off my low pressure propane, same as my outside stove. I did already burn it in but will cook something this weekend.:D

Slim,
I have the same grill, I wanted to be able to grill and have the outside kitchen burners going too, so i had a local Propane company make me a Y spliter for the gas outlet under the trailer...

x96mnn
02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Going through the same thing with a different BBQ. Bob posted a very helpful reply with photos on what is needed.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9461

hankpage
02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1125

SLIMSHADIE
02-07-2013, 01:41 PM
jd, I had extended the gas line with another quick connect. I believe factory fitting was Fairview but now I have 2 identical. I had looked at the new TT's with this setup and that is all they did from the factory. Easy mod if you know what you are doing.

ewkearns
02-27-2013, 05:15 AM
Going through the same thing with a different BBQ. Bob posted a very helpful reply with photos on what is needed.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9461

This appears to be no longer carried by Costco....

gkainz
02-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I bought the last one of those grills (above) our local Costco had last year ... have yet to use it but it sure looks nice sitting on my back patio waiting for the snow to melt! :)

fireidiot
02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
How well does that grill cook? Ours came with a FlameKing, which should be called the FlameQueen. Besides the grease problem in the bottom, it doesn't do the job my Baby Q does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2