PDA

View Full Version : No Foot For Jack

outwest
11-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Before I hit Keystone up for it, I thought I'd ask here. The vantage trailer we purchased did not have a foot on the jack. The dealer claims that many do not come with one. I find ths hard to believe. Anyone else ever get told the same sort of thing?

jbsmith
11-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Our last travel trailer did not come with a foot either. I don't think I remember seeing any on the lot with one unless equipped with a power jack.

Javi
11-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Our last travel trailer did not come with a foot either. I don't think I remember seeing any on the lot with one unless equipped with a power jack.

Ditto...

Easy to buy one though if you think you really need it.. Almost any trailer or farm supply store will have them..

KanTC
11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
The dealer is correct that many trailer brands don't come WITH the footpad.

A Google search shows photos & videos of the Vantage line (on dealer lots) 'with' AND 'without' one...
so, chances are, some dealers are simply 'adding' a footpad on their Vantage trailers.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

f6bits
11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
If mine didn't come with a foot, I'd buy a Fastway Flip (http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/flip/).

Ya know, an electric tongue jack does come with a foot. That's one way to get one.

outwest
11-12-2012, 10:31 AM
That's just it, though. It has an Atwood electric jack.

Mighty Ming
11-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Outwest....not sure where you're located but I have a spare foot pad. I upgraded my Attwood electric jack to a Barker. One of the things I saved was the footpad. If you're in the San Diego area you are welcome to it. If not shipping will prolly cost more than the footpad. My footpad is for a 2 1/4 inch tube. If you don't want to disclose your location on the forum...feel free to send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mighty Ming
11-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Here's another option for you. Kill two birds with one stone. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/13/a8adybyb.jpg

Mighty Ming
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Close up. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/13/aqedamaz.jpg

twstdpear
11-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I have one of those. I was originally a little worried using it with my Cougar 28RBS since it has a 925lb (factory) tongue weight, but then I noticed it has a 10000lb weight limit. It

It works well, and the fact it's a cone seems to help with stability.

The only problems I've had with mine is me. Twice now, I've forgotten to fully retract the jack and pull it before moving slightly to free up the chocks and thereby damaging or destroying it in some fashion. I definitely need to insert a new step to the checklist between putting on the WDH and removing the chocks.

wgb1
11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Our trailer did not come with a foot pad either. Using a big square wood block for a "pad", I see no need for one.

outwest
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Outwest....not sure where you're located but I have a spare foot pad. I upgraded my Attwood electric jack to a Barker. One of the things I saved was the footpad. If you're in the San Diego area you are welcome to it. If not shipping will prolly cost more than the footpad. My footpad is for a 2 1/4 inch tube. If you don't want to disclose your location on the forum...feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks for the offer; in Okla., so a bit of a drive :-) I appreciate the thought, though.

Ended up calling keystone. Was told that the trailer should have included it, but since the dealer didn't note it missing at time they got the trailer in from factory, replacement of it isn't covered under warranty, which makes sense. After telling all that to dealer, got him to agree to provide a foot.

skifreak76
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
my sprinter did not come with one, but i asked the dealer and they gave me one!