PDA

View Full Version : Another new member from Minnesota

LZScout
11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm ending a 33 year career as a air traffic controller on April 30th, 2013. So starts my life as a retiree. Up until now, our RV experience has been a Fleetwood Utah pop-up camper and my F-150 4x4 super crew. Lately, we have been discussing possibly trading up to a 5th wheel for month or so long ventures traveling around the country. My wife has about a year before she joins me in retired bliss so I'm trying to learn about large RV's in general and 5th wheels in particular. We've looked at several and really like the Keystone Alpine 3500RE. I discovered this forum during my searching for info and believe you all can teach me a lot. Thanks for creating such a fine RV forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KanTC
11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Welcome LZScout (& Mrs LZScout) & congratulations of your retirement!"bouncey:

There's several Alpine owners here, and even some with that same model.
If you haven't already done so, try the forum search feature (using the trailer's model #), and that
should start you on a path of reading material. :) If you have questions, just ask!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

Festus2
11-11-2012, 10:52 PM
LZScout -
Welcome to the forum and to the family of Keystone owners. If you are considering an Alpine, there are quite a few "Alpiners" here who would be very willing to help you out. If you have any specific questions, find the most appropriate section for them and just ask.

PS - If you are serious about looking at Alpines, then you should also start searching for a new tow vehicle. Your F150 is not nearly enough truck for that 5th wheel.

fla-gypsy
11-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Welcome to our group and congrats on retirement. You have time still to do the research and planning to make good choices. Do consider all the advantages and disadvantages of owning a large RV. They require a large tow vehicle and many considerations while on the road as well as the initial cost that is involved. We will help any way we can.

antiqfreq
11-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the forum !

:wlcm:

Double-welcome on your upcoming retirement !!

"bouncey:"bouncey:

Our forum members will be more than happy to help out in anyway that they can.

I am SURE you are looking to your upcoming travel experiences........

:)

Jo

LZScout
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm well aware of the new tow vehicle need. Thinking F350 diesel crewcab 4x4 with short bed, SRW. Along with the Alpine, major investment. So researching now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curlyfungirl
11-14-2012, 04:03 PM
We looked at every fifth wheel known to man and fell in love with the Montana.