PDA

View Full Version : Just bought 2013 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 346LBQ

jlarocca
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Hello all, decided to pull the trigger on a 2013 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 346LBQ. I take delivery Friday. I'm moving from a 1997 Fleetwood Discovery Class A Diesel Pusher to this 5er. I have a short bed SRW Crew Cab F-350 4x4 Diesel and I'm told I need a sliding hitch. I've got until Friday to get a hitch installed and trying to figure out which one. Liking the Pullrite Super Slide and trying to do as much research on it as possible. The 5er I had 12 years ago I pulled with a long bed Dually so didn't have to deal with the sliding hitch thing. I actually set out shopping for a travel trailer but all the one's I could find had tiny bedrooms. So small that you couldn't stand in there to change close. So hopefully I made a good decision. Had my choices down to the Cedar Creek Silverback and the Keystone that I got. Liked the floor plan better for this Keystone and the features it had and well my kids and wife loved it too. Wish me luck with it. (tx)

KanTC
11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
:wlcm: to the forum jlarocca family, and congratulations on your new Mountaineer.
Lots of previous discussions on the forum about sliding hitches, and several members use the Pullrite
Super Glide. Look through the 'Towing' section on the forum -or- try the forum search feature using
the hitch 'brand name' in the search box. That should keep you busy :D

There's a PDI checklist in this thread... very useful, if you don't already have one.
http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

Happy trails & enjoy that new 5th wheel!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

Festus2
11-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Congratulations on your new Montana Mountaineer and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll have many enjoyable outings in a very nice combo of RV and TV.

justlkn
11-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Congrats on your new camper! I wish I could provide more incite on a particular hitch but I am new at this. I have a long bed so didn't need one. Good luck and enjoy!

antiqfreq
11-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the forum !

Congrats on your new fiver !!

Do a search of the forums and you will find lots of info about sliding hitches.

I personally have the Pullrite Superglide hitch, as we do have a shortbed 4x4 also.

Jo

:wlcm:

michael
01-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Wounderful to see another 346lbq owner, we love ours kids and grand kids do to. I have a 8ft box to, my mom bought a reese slider for her ford 150 short box.

aburns20
01-22-2013, 02:36 AM
:wlcm: from Virginia. Wish I could help with the hitch but I have a B&W Companion hitch in my short bed.

Good luck and enjoy the new 5er!

35mastr
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Congrats on the new rig, I have a Pullrite Superglide in my TV. It works great... They are pricey new. I got mine used and got a really good deal on it.

SAABDOCTOR
01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
:wlcm:HI nice montana you got there.We love ours. enjoy all the new adventures. we too have a long bed so i can't give you any GOOD input on a hitch! I remember reading about ours they said that the nose was designed with the extened hitch pin you would not need a sliding hitch in a short bed. but somehow when i imagin mine in a short bed isay yep that was a salesman talking good luck:D

curlyfungirl
01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Congratulations on your new rig!