PDA

View Full Version : First trip out in my first travel trail.

davidjsimons
11-11-2012, 02:16 PM
We took our first trip in our first travel trailer, a Cougar 28 RBS. I am pleased to report back that there were no issues with the unit and everything worked as it was intended to work. I believe we may try to squeeze in another trip or two before putting the unit up for the winter.

RockyMtnHi2
11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Wow! What a nice looking trailer! The bunk space in there is fantastic - you must be travelling with a lot of family. Enjoy!

EcoboostKev
11-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Very nice trailer!! Get out and enjoy it before the big freeze!! My is already covered up and in hibernation. Best of luck with it!! Kevin

P.S. You sure you have enough tow vehicle that that trailer??:D

davidjsimons
11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
I have a lot of room, it's me, the wife and one kid. My Scottish terrier refuses to camp. In respect to the size of the truck, I had it first. I use it to pull agricultural equipment. I have some manure spreaders that weigh in excess of 20,000 lbs and they have no trailer brakes either.

twstdpear
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
It's always nice to take a new out for the first time (and such a great weekend for it too). Glad to hear it was a total success.

I mirrored your experience in a lot of ways this weekend too: new 28RBS on its maiden voyage. Although I have two boys, and the dog would never forgive me if I left him behind. I found one minor problem with mine: the catch for the main door was screwed in about 1/4" too low, so if *any* (and I do mean any). pressure was put on the stabilizers, it lifted the door just enough to no longer line up with the catch (and not latch). Easy field fix, fortunately.

davidjsimons
11-13-2012, 03:33 AM
The weather this past weekend was fantastic here in Virginia. Hopefully, I got lucky and my unit was built during the middle of the week. Good luck and I hope that you enjoy your new 28RBS as well.

fla-gypsy
11-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Congrats on a successful entry into the RV world. Do prepare yourself for some problems and be prepared to laugh them off and fix it to keep having fun

davidjsimons
11-13-2012, 07:00 AM
I've been on fire twice at sea, once sixty miles off the coast. I'm ready!

twstdpear
11-14-2012, 08:31 PM
On fire and 60 miles out at sea? That had to be one bad camping trip. ;)

Not that if it were a boating trip it would be much fun, either.

davidjsimons
11-15-2012, 03:28 AM
It's a heck of a feeling when you have to put on a jacket, tie all on board to a common rope and take the EPIRB.