PDA

View Full Version : Bullet 204RBS

Jane and Russ
11-08-2012, 05:08 PM
We are looking at a Bullet 204RBS. We haven't seen it yet, but are talking about driving the 100 miles to Camping World to take a look. Any Bullet owners out there to comment?

We have an 05 Ford 150 with the 4.6 engine, and don't want to upgrade the truck, so we are looking at lighter trailers.

KJcachers
11-08-2012, 05:35 PM
We have a new 246RBS and love it. Not a fan of CW except for accessories but that's just a personal opinion. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerry
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
We have 2010 bullet 278 and really like it. I first pulled it with Dodge Dakota with 4.7 V8 5 speed auto trans. I did not use overdrive. I got along real good and could pull at interstate speed and time i wanted to. Traded for 1500 chev. Our old unit was coachmen 249 QRS the bullet pulls better the wide space axle in my mind is a plus you will need tow package on your pickup. If can be help with questions feel free to ask.

wgb1
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Another 246RBS owner here and we love ours as well. I haven't seen the 204RBS and can't comment on it.

Corbin1357
11-09-2012, 06:03 AM
I have the 246RBS, and I pull ares with a 2005 F150 5.4, and it pulls it great! We went all the way out to Yellowstone this year about 5,000 miles round trip and didn't have any problems. Didn't win any races up hills but we got there. We love ours!!

Norville
11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the 204 RBS is new for 2013 and wasn't available before. There have been similar models, but not that specific one.

Also, I've been shopping around for a TT for 3 years now. I decided on the 204 RBS myself as well and was to pick up last weekend (but my dealer misled me and now having to do some install work myself on the WD hitch that I plan on doing today).

I'll be picking it up today, hopefully.

Jane and Russ
11-09-2012, 08:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the 204 RBS is new for 2013 and wasn't available before. There have been similar models, but not that specific one.

Also, I've been shopping around for a TT for 3 years now. I decided on the 204 RBS myself as well and was to pick up last weekend (but my dealer misled me and now having to do some install work myself on the WD hitch that I plan on doing today).

I'll be picking it up today, hopefully.

Let us know your thoughts when you finally take possession! Congratulations!

KanTC
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Jane and Russ, the 204RBS is indeed a new addition to the Bullet line, as Norville said. So, you probably won't find
many members with that particular model (yet), but happy shopping & good luck with your decision.

--and--

Welcome to the forum Norville, and congratulations on your new Bullet!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

JOEFATIMA
11-09-2012, 03:43 PM
We are looking at a Bullet 204RBS. We haven't seen it yet, but are talking about driving the 100 miles to Camping World to take a look. Any Bullet owners out there to comment?

We have an 05 Ford 150 with the 4.6 engine, and don't want to upgrade the truck, so we are looking at lighter trailers.

Biggest complaint I have with my 230BHS model is the propane gas hookup for barbeque. It's almost impossible to connect under trailer. You have to craw underneath and hopefully (not my case) have two good hands to connect. Also check if any electrical outlets in kitchen area. Ours is located by door over sink. Had Campingworld install another under cabinet close to frig. so we don't have electrical line crossing sink when we hook up our coffee pot. They charge me $250 for the option.

Norville
11-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Finally have it picked up ... didn't want to hijack the thread though. Most of the issues we've had were about the dealer (hitch setup - long story, but I had to buy the socket and rent a 600 ft-lb wrench myself, battery wiring, etc.). Haven't taken it out yet (in 2 days we'll be on the road), but the quality seems fair.

I inspected the roof and looks to be a decent job of sealing / construction.

The only issues were the booth table (the legs were installed with only 2 screws (spots for 6 screws). One stripped out so had to reinstall them myself. Very minor issue. The fridge door won't latch, but it may be a mis-aligned door. The dealer (sigh) ordered parts to replace the trim, but I think it's just a door adjustment. I'll try to adjust it myself this weekend. Lastly, the LED lights at the exterior front are very dim / burned out. Dealer ordered replacements.

Here is our rig ... more to follow once I have some feedback.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8170896534_23b8784d47_c.jpg

Jane and Russ
11-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Norville, you are so lucky! Sorry about the initial hassles, but looks like you are ready for the road. We are still going back and forth about the Bullet, the Bullet Premier, and the Winnebago Minnie.

From your picture it looks like you will be able to get the Bullet out and about this time of year. When we finally get one, it will have to sit a few months until warmer weather in the Spring.

JOEFATIMA
11-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I guess I'm full of complaints. Had my trailer pulled out at campground and spent 2 days over veterans weekend at Casini Campground. I couldn't believe in less than two months how the emergency trailer chains had so much rust on. I thought they were galvanize, but it sure doesn't look like it. Must come from China. I would think that an item that is so visiable to the public, they would of used at least a better quality of chain. You are only talking about maybe six feet to eight feet total of chain on both sides. I guess I'll have to wire brush down and see if I can get some kind of paint to prevent this from getting worst.

KJcachers
11-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I guess I'm full of complaints. Had my trailer pulled out at campground and spent 2 days over veterans weekend at Casini Campground. I couldn't believe in less than two months how the emergency trailer chains had so much rust on. I thought they were galvanize, but it sure doesn't look like it. Must come from China. I would think that an item that is so visiable to the public, they would of used at least a better quality of chain. You are only talking about maybe six feet to eight feet total of chain on both sides. I guess I'll have to wire brush down and see if I can get some kind of paint to prevent this from getting worst.

Or replace them yourself with something rust proof. My minor complaint is not using stainless screws for the shower drain and door trim screws. Already rusted so I need to pull them and get stainless replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eartha
12-28-2012, 08:14 PM
We have a 215BHS the floor plan looks the same except for the table. We had the booth. We changed to the table. Ours is 2011. Have had it 16 months. Just love it.

Perreault985
12-16-2014, 06:20 AM
We picked up our new 2015 204RBS just this past fall and really like it. Guess it was a good thing we did since it looks like its being discontinued.

wesaysoracing
12-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I looked at the 204 but ended up with the 207RBS, I am towing it with a 2004 F150 4.6 3.55 gears . and have not had a problem at all, I made a 650 mile trip to buy mine out of state , towed it home with a 25 mph head to cross wind and raining, 0 problems , no sway , pm me if you want to know where I bought mine at , the trip was well worth it

Perreault985
12-18-2014, 09:56 AM
That's funny, we also looked at the 207RBS as one of our final contenders. We liked the bath better in the 207RBS, but liked the dinnette better in the 204RBS. Figured we spent more time in the living area than the bathroom and that helped make up our minds.

It looks like the 207RBS is also being replaced with a slightly bigger model having two slide-outs. I guess Keystone makes a bigger profit with the larger models and demand for the smaller ones is just not there.

We'd been looking for a smaller trailer with a "full" bath and there were just not too many out there that we liked. Most all of the smaller ones had a wet bath and ruled them out for us.