PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor shower

Watchman
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Just purchased a new to us Cougar 302RLS. My question has to do with the outdoor shower. We haven't found any hose or shower head for it in the unit. It appears to have a quick connect. Did it originally come with anything? Where/what do I buy to make it functional? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny

Festus2
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I believe that some units came with a coiled hose with the quick disconnect fitting already on the it but it wasn't a standard issue in every RV. Any RV parts outlet should have this kind of hose in stock.
Our '08 Cougar 5th came with a blue, coiled quick-disconnect shower hose with pistol-type nozzle sprayer.

hankaye
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Watchman, Howdy;

Welcome to the forum, I have the same year and model as Festus2, Mine
came with the slinky hose but no spray nozzel :( . Appears that your end
of the stick is shorter than mine ,which is shorter than Festus2's.... :rolleyes:

hankaye

Festus2
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM
hankaye -
The spray nozzle was the deal breaker. When the dealer threw it in at no cost, we signed the papers. :D

jsmith948
11-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Our Cougar also came with the blue, curly hose without a nozzle..... and I have never found the fold-out, collapsible shower stall.:confused:

Toy Hauler
11-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Our 2012 Keystone Raptor was delivered to us without the hose and nozzle. The Keystone website and printed brochures clearly list it as a feature of the unit. The website describes a "Outside Shower / Hot and Cold w/ 25’ Coil Hose".

The dealer (Schwabs RV in Leduc Alberta) supplied a MUCH shorter hose and refused to meet the specifications listed on the website and in the brochures.

When asked, a Keystone rep responded that they have never supplied a 25' foot hose with any of their units and claimed the website and brochures contained a "misprint". Keystone has never corrected the misprint - it still lists the 25' hose as a 'feature', and they steadfastly refuse to reveal if any of the other items listed on the specs, features or options pages of their documentation are misprints.

You should have received a hose and nozzle with your unit. Keystone and your dealer should step up and provide one that agrees the base features and specifications of your Cougar.

Yes... I have hose envy! Sigh.

Toy Hauler

Htfiremedic
11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Mine was a blue coiled hose, maybe 6' long.

Roller4Tan
11-07-2012, 05:49 PM
X2 on the blue coiled hose... but no nozzle:(

Badboy
11-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Mine came with spray head and water line that all slides back into side of trailer."bouncey: :)

outwest
11-09-2012, 02:21 PM
our Vantage 32FLS came with a yellow coiled hose with quick connect on one end and male hose connector on the other end. Also came with a short (1 ft?) flexible tube that has quick connect on one end and plain narrow opening on other end.

35mastr
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Mine came with the blue coiled hose only. No sprayer head...

curlyfungirl
11-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I say we picket until all keystone rv owners get a shower nozzle with their outdoor showers!

Watchman
11-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Now that I know what I was looking for I did find the blue coiled hose. I thought it was a compressor air hose at first glance. I bought an adapter to downsize the blue hose to the proper size for a shower head and now I just need the sprayer head to complete what Keystone advertises as included with my trailer.

fla-gypsy
11-15-2012, 11:19 AM
A good dealer will get you the sprayer head even if it's at his cost. My trailer originally came with a tire cover with the Keystone logo and began to disintegrate within a few months. I took the cover back over to them and requested a replacement. They balked and offered me a cover of lesser quality. I very calmly looked them square in the eye and asked "You would give up my next RV purchase over $10?" He promptly walked out and came back with the cover I requested and I thanked him.

blackty
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Mine came with a hose, nozzle, luffa, shower cap and two towels...Jim

just kidding, blue slinky hose only

Bushman512000
11-18-2012, 05:08 AM
I got the blue hose what to get next ? I never shower out side .But would like to get a pail of water for cleaning now and then any ideas what I need a pic. would help.the valves are there so a companion hose hook up would be nice..thanks for the help in advance .I miss the old Keystone group from back in early 2000Years I started in 2004..lol..Bushman(tx)

techdog
01-29-2013, 09:24 AM
We have the blue hose. We're adding a short length of garden hose to keep the water away from our outdoor mat. Then we're adding one of those garden watering wands. We mainly use the shower for dog washing and kids feet rinsing.

macdi
05-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a 2013 Laredo 291tg and they tell me the blue quick connect goes to the outdoor shower but I can't figure out how to connect it.

Festus2
05-11-2013, 03:21 PM
If you look at the outdoor shower, there are two taps and in the middle of the taps nearer to the bottom, there is a chrome fitting. This fitting has a spring-loaded sleeve which is where the male part of the quick disconnect hose goes. To insert it, push the sleeve forward, insert the male end of the hose until it snaps in place, and release the spring-loaded sleeve.

Once released, it will "lock" the two together and if you pull on the hose end, it should not separate from the female end of the QD.

macdi
05-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Unless mine is different than yours, I only have the hot and cold faucets and in the middle is the attachment for the shower hose to screw on. There is no other attachment. I even contacted Keystone and they said it goes to the utility shower also but there is no place to attach it to.

Festus2
05-12-2013, 06:28 AM
I think we must have two different connections. Seems like yours has a regular garden hose type attachment - mine has a quick disconnect.

Dhuhn
05-12-2013, 08:09 AM
I got the blue hose what to get next ? I never shower out side .But would like to get a pail of water for cleaning now and then any ideas what I need a pic. would help.the valves are there so a companion hose hook up would be nice..thanks for the help in advance .I miss the old Keystone group from back in early 2000Years I started in 2004..lol..Bushman(tx)

We have the blue hose too, I just bought a spay nozzle which attaches to end of blue hose, also if you need it longer you could attach a garden hose to end of blue hose to reach anywhere on your coach