PDA

View Full Version : Clothes washer

curlyfungirl
11-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I have heard good and bad things about the combo washer/dryers. What are your experiences with them? I saw a small washer for sale that can be put in our coat closet with ease made by Haier. Has anyone tried this model? They also have a small dryer you can get with it in a combo deal off Walmart for just over 300.00. I heard that the combo deals really wrinkle up the clothes. Would love some input as will be getting something for laundry soon. Thanks.

mhs4771
11-05-2012, 05:20 PM
We had the Splendide Combo in our Montana and opt'd to go with the same unit in our current SOB. Works for us. The trick is to keep the loads small (2 pair shorts, 4 t-shirts and underware) and remove promptly when done. If you try and do to much at a time, yep wrinkles. We have a compartment for side by side units, but elected to stay with the combo and use the dryer space for additional storage (we're long timers so we travel with a lot of junk).

CUFFS054
11-06-2012, 06:56 AM
CfunG, I had a combo in my house for awhile. Not good for big loads! Was going to go with the Splendide with this TT, but have opted for a stacked unit. I did look at that Haier and it looks good. I bought their dish washer and have had no issues with it.

curlyfungirl
11-06-2012, 12:01 PM
CfunG, I had a combo in my house for awhile. Not good for big loads! Was going to go with the Splendide with this TT, but have opted for a stacked unit. I did look at that Haier and it looks good. I bought their dish washer and have had no issues with it.

Thank you for your input. Which dishwasher did you get? Is it their table top model? I have been checking out dishwashers also. I thought that If I got a combo washer and dryer I might be able to mount the dish washer on top of the washer and dryer.