PDA

View Full Version : Hideout 26B water pump

Kyles Camper
11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
We purchased our 26B about a year ago and it was winterized when we purchased it. Anyone have an idea where the water pump is located and do I need any special adapters for pumping anti-freeze? Located the hot water tank and it was not there, found the bypass switch.
Thanks

KJcachers
11-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Usually they are hidden just inside from the full connector, near the freshwater holding tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Festus2
11-05-2012, 08:28 AM
As mentioned above , it is most likely located in-line with the city water connection. It will be a floor level and hidden behind a removable panel of some sort. Try turning the pump on and listen for the noise - that is a good indicator of its approximate location.

If you plan on attaching a short hose from a container of RV antifreeze to the intake side of your water pump, then you will need a fitting - if it is a Shurflo pump. An RV supply place should have these adaptors - just be sure you get one of the make/type of pump you have. The fitting is a snap-in, O-ring type. Remove the intake hose, push the hose (with fitting) into the pump and place the other end in the container of pink stuff.

Not sure what method you are going to use to get the pink stuff into the lines but this is the method I use and it works for me.

Kyles Camper
11-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks, I will see what I can find and stop by the store and pick up and adapter.

2011 keystone
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I have a 2011 26b and my water pump is under the kitchen sink
remove the bottom drawer and you should be able to see it.

fla-gypsy
11-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Look under the kitchen sink and cabinets. My Hornet water pump is behind the divider near the city inlet and water heater.